Translate

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #TheIllusionistMeetsTheWizard

“C'mon, I dare you.”
Jiminy Cricket* #quote



        Today I'm going to work with my father on my costume armor. The thing's a beast of a job. We haven't even finished the helmet yet. But it's going to look amazing in the end and there's already intense coolness coming from the parts finished. Lots of sanding as we're not making it out of metal but plastic you use on cars and stuff and the similar painting techniques to give it that kind of shine.



The Illusionist Meets The Wizard


       “Yes, people have called me one of the greatest magicians in the world, but I don't think I'm a wizard like you.” Illusionist Daniel Grey had been inside many deathly dangerous escape acts in his career. It allowed him to feel calm even when he saw the man with the dragon in front of him. The escape acts taught the magician the valuable lesson that as long as he remained calm and in control he should fear nothing. If the wizard is some wrathful man ready to turn someone into a toad then the conversation is a web a chains he must navigate and escape to safety with careful words.
      Daniel Grey wore the suit he put on for the performance. The wizard cornered him next to his dressing room after the act finished. From the wizard's face hung one of the long white beards expected of them, but otherwise the wizard wore street clothes. Though the blue t-shirt and blue jeans did match the color palette of typical caster robes.
     “But I have watched you use your spells several times. You must be a wizard.”
Daniel Grey merely shook his head. “It is merely a trick Sir. Not real magic. Just an illusion.” He looked at the dragon. He didn't want to patronize the wizard with his explanation to avoid offending him and causing him to sic his dragon on him or casting some terrible curse.
      The wizard put his hand on his chin. “But that's impossible. How could you teleport someone from one side of the room to the other without magic? And all those other things you did?”
      Grey told the wizard. “I'm sorry but it's a bit of a rule that a magician doesn't reveal his tricks.”
     “You just told me it wasn't magic!”
     “It's trick magic. Kind of like how fast food joints are mistaken for real food. If I tell you how my magic works you might tell someone else. And that'll ruin my job. My magic is no longer magic when people know how it works.”
      The wizard thought then a wicked smile spread across his face. Daniel wondered if the wizard planned some sort of curse. “How about a deal? A wizard like myself must know about all kinds of magic. I won't tell anyone how your magic works. But also in exchange for you teaching me all your secrets I will teach you magic.”
     “Deal!”
      Daniel now wondered what kind of magic would come into his new act. And if the wizard could summon fire that might save him money on pyrotechnics.

No comments:

Post a Comment