Translate

Monday, June 9, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #Takeover

“Based on the evidence we have collected... the only place the murder could have occurred would have been... here.”
Blues Clues* #quote



       I didn't do too to well at the card game tournament, got second to last. (Cj getting dead last) there weren't that many people though. Probably all the usual card players went to the tourney later in the day or Comicon or something and it was a smaller event. Overall I also faced terrible matchups for my deck. (Since in Pokemon everyone makes their own deck of cards of what they choose I could face many different things. There is an element of chance of what kind of person with what kind of strategy
I face. My opponents had decks good against mine.)
       Plus I was set up against CJ once. He knew what my strategy was so all the element of surprise of my wacky deck was lost and I knew that his strategy was good against mine. It was bad being set against my friend since that meant that one of us had to be lower in standings.
       At this tournament I did learn how much of my weaknesses my deck could handle and how I could change it. Maybe I'll do a lot better next time. Another good thing is that seizures were down for the weekend. I didn't even have a single one during the tournament. Would have been awkward if my cards flew out of my hands or something.
      Anyway onto the flash fiction!


Takeover

       Last I remembered the news talked about the aliens bombing the White House and releasing gases on the cities. Now I looked around. I can see much wider than I should. I can stare in three directions at once. Do I have three eyes? They're horizontal. Am I dreaming?
      My surroundings are simply just my living room. Couch, TV, and the few shelves I put DVDs and video games on. I always wished I owned a bigger home. I laid on the floor. I only managed to stand using my arms. Arms now hairless and scaled with six fingers.
       The arms made it a bit more obvious. Dream or not I lived in the body of one of the aliens. Turning my head downward to see the thin torso of their body and the long muscular eight-legs of their species confirmed this. I hated how natural standing and walking like a spider came to me as I moved around like an explanation could be found on the floor like some sort of note.
        One of the aliens walked into the room through the hallway that led to my bedroom. Had he been searching through my things? Examining me?
        “Ah, hello,” he greeted me in plain English. They learned it before attacking us. “Don't worry you're perfectly safe. Over time we've realized that slavery and oppression is a bad long-term bad economical investment as we expand our empire. Revolutions, civil-war and all that. So we prefer to bring a species into our own. Your brain is just as it was before, only everything else was changed. You and Earth are now reborn under our glorious empire with all the technological wonders we have.”

       Looking at my hand I knew that I still had to die first to be reborn.

No comments:

Post a Comment