Translate

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Today's #flashfiction The Man Who Awoke

“Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get.”
Nostradamus* #quote

Do you think people see shrinks if they think they're too tall? Anyway onto the flash fiction!

The Man Who Awoke


          My head, damn my aching head. What happened last night? Too wild a party? My eyes opened. Light's bright. Everything's blurry, my vision's doubled, tripled? I'm seeing the ceiling and the floor at the same time. Both are gray, but the floor's tiled and covered with water and the ceiling’s covered with these eerie lights.
          I looked into the water and see that my hands are blurry and their fingers appear to have increased. How bad is my vision now? I decided to get up so I stuck out my legs. But I saw arms and more fingers. I put out my other arm. My vision became less blurry while I woke up more. I didn't have legs and instead only had arms. Even without the blur my hands had more fingers. Seven each.
          As I gazed across the room I realized my vision came from three eyes. Not everything came into focus. But I saw people standing around me. I couldn't get up. I turned my head and saw I was stuck to a heavy bean bag sized piece of flesh with arms and heads coming out of it.
         “This one didn't even detach from the biomass,” one of the people around me said.

         “Then let's put it to sleep.” Another responded. The person who responded walked over to me and stuck a needle in me and I never woke up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment