Translate

Monday, October 10, 2016

Today's #flashfiction Procrastinating Inventor

“I'm calling your bluff.”
Professor Xavier* #quote


A Tyrannosaurs Rex walks into a bar...and now there's no more bar. Anyway onto the flash fiction!

Procrastinating Inventor

         “I think I'll finish the time machine after the game is over,” said the lazy scientist.
         Tick-tock.
         “I think I'll finish the time machine after lunch,” said the lazy scientist.
          Tick-tock.
         “I think I'll finish the time machine after I check my email,” said the lazy scientist.
         Tick-tock.
         “I think I'll finish the time machine after I watch some T.V.” said the lazy scientist.
          Tick-tock.
         “I think I'll finish the time machine after dinner,” said the lazy scientist.
         Tick-tock.
          “I think I'll finish the time machine tomorrow,” said the lazy scientist.
          Tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock.
            A week of laziness passes.
           “I think I'll finish the time machine Monday,” said the lazy scientist.
          Tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock.
            A month of laziness passes.
           “I have to finish the time machine! The power source is growing unstable!” yelled the lazy scientist.
            Tick-tock! Tick-Tock!
           The after some hard, hasty work the sloppily constructed time machine started.
          “No, what's going on? That's not right! Did I make some sort of mistake?” the lazy scientist was pulled into a wormhole and twisted through time, his mind being wiped in the process.

           “I think I'll finish the time machine after the game is over,” said the lazy scientist.”

No comments:

Post a Comment