Translate

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Today's #flashfiction The Zombie's Trodding

“What would you do for a Klondike Bar?”
The Fast And The Furious* #quote

Today I had junk food. You'd think we'd all stop eating it after we started calling it “junk” food. Anyway onto the flash fiction!


The Zombie's Trodding

           I trod. I trod. I trod. I'm not mindless. There's some thought left in this body. Though the desire to eat brains probably comes from the desire for more thoughts. When I eat brains I get the thoughts. I become human again. I get the memories and minds of those victims in me for even a few fleeting moments. But soon my body finishes consuming the brain and my consciousness becomes more basic. Back to being not mindless, but only have enough thoughts to desire more, and desiring the humanity I had when alive. Though all I can do is imitate it by consuming others. I wish I could know if I had a family. Or what my job was like. Or my hobbies. My only option is to eat every kind of brain there is and experience every life so could know all the kinds of things I could have what experienced during my living life.
          But will my undead body last that long? As I walk with the other undead I see living people with guns loading their weapons. And then they take aim. And then they fire.

           My rotting limbs fall to the ground and my head rolls off my torso and into a hole. I wish I could remember my life from before so it could flash before my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment