Translate

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #ACollaborationOfMagicAndScience

“The one ring to rule them all.”
Kay Jewelers* #quote



       Today father and I continued to discuss the armor costume. It looks like it will be feasible even price wise so woo! Though with my seizures I can't help set the resin with the fiberglass I can probably work with him with shaping the wire mesh that we will be putting the resin and fiberglass onto. Anyway onto the flash fiction!

A Collaboration Of Magic And Science


        My brain couldn't think clearly enough to remember who I was before. Correction. My brains couldn't think clearly enough to remember who I had been. I moved multiple neck bones and felt pain through multiple joined spines. I saw through eyes of many heads.
       Five of them. The nose of one being human and a nice dusty brown. The next head peered down an ugly green head with pointy nose, while my third saw a row of tentacles. The fourth saw some metal, robotic cyborg nose that I could twitch. The mechanical nose and face possessed some sort of artificial nerves that could feel just as well as the biological faces. The fifth head's nose truly resembled that of a dog's or wolf's snout. Then after I panted from the mouth connected to that nose I knew that it didn't simply look like one.
      I looked forward. At first my vision blurry. Very blurry. But things cleared up and I saw many men and women in the room. Some of the men and women dressed in bone white lab coats and carried both clipboards and laser guns. The other men and women dressed in storm cloud blue wizard's clothes with books of spells and wands ready.
      Sterilized white tile covered the floor leading to an equally sterilized stone castle wall. They used a clear magic substance instead of glass for the windows. The substance looked like water and would ripple in place. I saw one solid steel door in the distance with a pass code lock and scattered tables covered in computers, chords, beakers, glowing magical artifacts, and enchanted tomes.
      A beep sounded from the steel door and a woman in a flowing red dress walked into the room. The flip-flop clank-clunking of high-heels came from her as she walked towards me. She looked forty with plastic surgery to make her look twenty with several magical enchantments to give her skin the youthful glow that a knife or makeup just can't make.
     I shook my heads trying to figure out how I knew about my surroundings without knowing anything about myself. Or... myselves? It seemed to surreal to be true but it was the only thing I saw. I looked down to see my heads attached to a body of massive multi-colored flesh and mechanical parts. One felsh arm, one mechanical arm, and tentacles instead of feet.
     The woman spoke to me. “Oh, I'm sorry, you weren't supposed to wake up this early. My name's Mrs. Vel. I run this place.”
     “What is going on? What's wrong with me? Why do I have five heads?”
Mrs. Vel smiled. “Oh good. You're sane. The other ones didn't do so well...we had to put em' down. Well that's not a very nice way to put it.”
      Once the initial shock of everything started to wear down a little and I thought of the woman in red's statement I realized my circumstances. “You all changed me into this didn't you? As some sort of experiment! I'm not an idiot!”
      Vel laughed. “I hope you wouldn't be an idiot. You should be smarter than any of us. You've got five brains of several different kinds. And every single moment they should be bonding better and compensating for each one's failures.”
      I then said to her enraged, “What kind of crazy people are you? Doing this to someone without their consent?”
      She then rolled her eyes. “Oh, this is sad thing. Though you're sane and coherent unlike some others you don't remember. You're five different people from five different species of beings that admitted yourself to a process. The first person a human, the second a goblin, the third an octopian, the fourth a cyborg, the fifth a werewolf. All of you wanted to be fused into one being that would get incredible strength, increase your intelligence, retain your consciousness, and extend your lifespan.”
     “I agreed to this?”
     “Oh yes. Your the result of the world's best collaboration of magic and science. If I hadn't been beaten into a life of professionalism through my life as a business woman I'd be jumping for joy. You're my life's work. And you'll be living long after I'm dead if nothing goes wrong. The amnesia is a bad side effect though.”
      I turned my heads down to the ground and nearly began to cry. With the heads that could. I managed to stay calm at first. But did I want to live like this?
      Mrs. Vel then walked up to me and put her hand on one of my grotesque arms. “Now don't be like that. Are you going to whine about being granted increased life, strength and intelligence, or are you going to come down to our lobby and watch a DVD?”
     Something told me I wasn't her first successful creation. I agreed and followed her to the lobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment