Translate

Friday, August 16, 2013

Today's #flashfictions #TheWorstKindOfTheft

“I'll be back.”
Haily's Comet* #quote


        Today I took a nap in preparation for the upcoming weekend when I go to my card game things and such and if I have a friend over for shenanigans. Naps can reduce seizures though I do seize when I start drifting into sleep when I nap so that sucks. (In that half-awake, half-asleep point is when I tend to seize the most). It was a good nap so I think I won't have many seizures over the weekend so yay! Anyway onto the flash fiction!


The Worst Kind Of Theft

          A man looked in the mirror. He yelled. Just a moment ago he remembered being in his early thirties and now he looked in his fifties. And he remembered being on a walk not in his bathroom.
        “I'm sorry it too so long. I'm sorry I took so much,” said an eerie, echoing voice. The man noticed that something appeared in the mirror. A misty, inhuman face. A ghostly face.
       “You're a ghost?” The man reasoned with himself that this was a dream. That's how he managed to calm the shock.
        “Yes, Ronald. I'm a ghost. And I stole something from you. For a very long time.”
Ronald looked at the ghost and the wrinkles on his face and began to feel them. He then began to question his earlier thinking of whether it was a dream. He pinched himself, the supposed test of whether the entire thing was a dream, and it hurt. So according to that test it was real.
Panic started to set in as he began to put together the pieces but still asked the ghost, “What did you steal?”
       “I stole your body, for twenty years. I possessed you. One of the few things us ghosts can do. I know sorry can't make up for it. But when I died I lost my wife and family...they actually died with me in the accident. Yours was so much like mine. So I stole your life to replace my family. It worked so well and it made me so happy. You wouldn't understand that.”
       “You monster. You stole twenty years of my life?” Ronald became both furious and terrified. He knew he wouldn't even recognize his children or his wife. The ghost raised his children and lived life with his wife. His friends and family would all be completely different people. And he didn't know how the world had changed.
        A crying noise then came from the ghost. “I'm sorry. Even more than before. I just. I just can't give it back to you. I'm a horrible monster. I know it. But your family. Life itself. Life is too perfect. I lost it I know. And I can't give it up. I wish I never even spoke to you. I need to forget this. I shouldn't have talked to you.”
      And in the next moment the thief took back the body as life was far to valuable to give back. Until the day the body died the ghost kept it for himself though was haunted by guilt filled nightmares of the conversation he had that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment