Translate

Friday, August 9, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #ThePurposeOfHaunting

“A little rain never hurt anybody.”
Noah* #quote


Graaghhh!Arrrgghhhh! Flraaaaggrlaaablllle! Meh. Anyway onto the flash fiction!


The Purpose Of Haunting


            Why do ghosts haunt? Most people would say we have unfinished business and that is not true. How would I know? My name is Tullungs and I am a ghost and I would know. You think I have an odd name? Thing is I'm pretty old, like when Tullungs was a normal name in my home of Britain. I'm pretty old. I've been haunting long enough to hear about the Americans revolting and also long enough to be around before tea even existed in England. Before England was England and the English even existed.
            From my age I can say I'm the authority on haunting. I've been doing it for long enough and I've traveled the world and met enough ghosts to know about their haunting. If we don't do it because we don't have unfinished business why do we do it then? Well because we are bored. Trapped between this life and the next what do you expect us to do? Nothing? We interfere with the living because we simply have nothing better to occupy our time with.
          Now this wise, old ghost has an idea why we ghosts are stuck in a situation to bother you and help you actually. Haunting isn't all messing with your cameras, moving furniture, damaging your electrical equipment, tripping you, making strange noises, spooking animals, possessing you to do strange things and other nasty pranks of varying severity. Ghosts also haunt by making good things happen. We make money appear on the ground on a bad day. We possess you so you say just the right thing to your date. We spook a bird so it can get in your face and make you a moment late so you can be in just the right place at the right time. We can also make noises and grab noises similar to pranksters but not to harass you but help. Like making a noise that make you notice that car in your blind spot and prevent a very nasty accident.
      My idea why we are here is simply to be a guiding chaos to mix things up for people. The reason whatever force made us lag around in the moral world instead of moving along is so that we change circumstance for people good or bad. Simply put we ghosts are what make luck. That's what haunting is for.
Now goodbye living one and maybe we'll meet face to face during one of my hauntings. And good luck tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment