Translate

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #OutOfPlace

“Make love not war.”
Sun Tzu* #quote


      Today I kept doing my drawing and writing and plotting to to take over the countryside. Anyway onto the flash fiction!



Out Of Place


        Tuesday my Daddy brought me to the park. He picked today because it just rained the day before and it was nice and cool. Like the first gust of air when Mommy opens the fridge. We went there between summer and fall so some flowers were sagging dead and standing tall and alive. The roses went from bright red to black red. The bright roses made me think of ketchup and the dark ones made me think of rotten apples.
       My Daddy brought me to the playground and sat on the old creaky park bench. He kept a bored eye on me. I ignored the other kids. I saw lots of those at school. After a few minutes of wandering around the park I looked at my Daddy. He looked a little worried. I wondered if he didn't like the fact I wasn't playing with the other kids or on the swing set or slide. I had that at school. Nothing different about that.
While I kept wandering I looked in all directions. One time I looked at the sand they put in the playground and saw something very tiny. Very, very tiny. Something that wasn't at the playground in the other school. A sparkle in the ground. A shiny blue rock in the dirt. I dug a little. It turned out to be a shiny blue sapphire attached to a bracelet. A very expensive bracelet with so many more shiny stones.
      I brought it to Daddy. His eyes widened and asked me where I got that. I pointed. He then put it in his pocket and told me we were going home and instead of spending time playing at the park we would be getting ice cream. I was very happy.
      When we left the park I could see a lady with a lot of jewelry running into the park with lots of other people. They all started digging in the sand. I wondered what they were looking for. They had really stressed faces. Like the one Mommy gets when talking about the bills to Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment