Translate

Monday, March 7, 2016

Today's #flashfiction Bluffing The Universe

“He who smelt it, dealt it.”
Confucius* #quote


I was comparing apples and oranges today and it wasn't that hard. Anyway onto the flash fiction!


Bluffing The Universe

           “Do your best with the hand you're dealt.”
           Again and again I've heard this expression. Wonderful bit of advice. Take whatever fate has dealt you and do whatever you can. Certainly goes against the saying that you can do anything if you can try. I prefer the do anything if I can try.
           I decided to do the anything if I try. Impossible yes? Certainly you can't do anything. However that's not how it's going. I'm bluffing the universe.
           No, he's bluffing the universe. His name is Tom. He's decided that it's now just a story. No need for “I” here. It's better to be a character. It's better to live in a castle as a prince. And then next                I'll, no, no, it's he, Tom, no Lancelot, the hero. The grocery store where the supposed Tom works was actually where Lancelot has his adventures.

           Lancelot will be something else tomorrow. That's the best thing to do. Bluff the universe. Stack the deck. If you think that you're something that you're not, believe it your very core, then what does the truth matter. Call Lancelot's hand universe. He dares you.

No comments:

Post a Comment