Translate

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Today's #flashfiction The Prisoner

“It was love at first sight.”
The Invisible Man* #quote


If a tree falls in a forest, and no one's there to see it, does light still bounce off it? Anyway onto the flash fiction!


The Prisoner

            I escaped my bounds just seconds ago and made my dash for freedom. My captors aimed to shuttle me off to a prison with others where doctors would drive needles through our sides as they pleased. I hoped to avoid this fate.
            Outside. I needed to get outside. If I left the building from the backdoor they couldn't grab me and put me in the transport vehicle to the prison. Just, a few more feet...almost...almost...!

           “There's no way you're not going to the vet! Now back on your leash!” My captor placed my leash on me again. I swore he'd only be my best friend again only after this whole vet affair was over with...and he fed me dinner and a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment