Translate

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Today's #flashfiction To Not Care

 “The toe bone connected to the heel bone, The heel bone connected to the foot bone,
The foot bone connected to the leg bone...”
Dr. Frankenstein* #quote

If we decided to name spaceships what they are just because they're a thing that moves in space, then why didn't we name cars groundships? Anyway onto the flash fiction!

To Not Care
            I don't care my target is a twisted, evil man that deserves to die. I just care that I'm being paid a very large amount of money to kill him. I don't care that few will mourn for him. I don't care that the people who are paying me are the resistance that represent the oppressed ninety-ninety percent that gives that one percent a perfect, comfortable life ignorant of the man's crimes.
             I don't care that I have to kill twenty guards to get to him. Guards that are just “doing they're job”. And I don't care about any witnesses that I needed to get rid of along the way.
            And I cared the least when he yelled at me, “I can pay you more!” because I know working for the whoever is on the top doesn't get you as much work. The simple reason being that the sooner or later the next job will be the one that replaces him.

No comments:

Post a Comment