Translate

Friday, April 8, 2016

Today's #flashfiction The Mannequin Diva

“Keep it simple.”
Rube Goldberg* #quote


I was thinking about snakes and ladders...and I thought, what about ladders made of snakes? Anyway onto the flash fiction!

The Mannequin Diva

        Bah, these idiot shoppers! They're not getting it! I'm modeling the perfect dress, obviously the height of fashion, and none of them are pulling it off the shelf! Doesn't anyone know what a fine mannequin like myself is for? They show you what is what. If they're going to pull out some bills, or swipe their credit cards then they should get something worth getting, what I'm modeling for them. The perfect dress. Another ugly woman grabs a drab dress. Oh, wait...yes, yes...she grabbed it! She grabbed my dress! Now I guess she isn't as ugly as I thought. I mean you can't be hideous when you're dressing like me, the ideal figure modeling for the world.

        Oh, the store owner is putting another dress on me. This one's red. Obviously now this is the height of fashion! Everybody should know they should follow my lead, the lead of the glamorous store mannequin.

No comments:

Post a Comment