Translate

Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Princess And Her Fairy Tales


           Well, I'm posting this a little early in the day (around 2:00) so I can't say all about what's happened. But yeah did my blood test(we have to do blood tests to make sure my new medication isn't destroying my kidneys, one of the reasons we strayed away from this medication at first was from this risk, but it isn't as bad as I thought so I really should have tried this medication a LONG time ago, but eh, hindsight is always 20/20, I may be playing Diablo III later tonight with bro but I'm not sure. I finished my flash fiction early too so I'll be working on my book yay!(Oh, haven't had too many seizures which is nice too) Anyway onto the flash fiction!


The Princess And Her Fairy Tales


            Princess Alice faced the usual fairy tale dilemma. She had reached the age to marry and princes from various lands came to try take her hand in marriage to take her kingdom of course. And as usual she didn't love them and had to turn them down. She had read those fairy tales as a child and wanted some fairy godmother to come to her. She went to the swamp and kissed as many frogs as she could find. She dressed herself as a peasant and went into town trying to find the poor person that was the perfect match for her but found no one. She tried to replicate every fairy tale in every book she read. After she had turned down one hundred suitors she was crying in her bed as she figured that she would be forced to marry soon, maybe even one of the suitors she had turned down previously.
           “There's no magic in this world is there. At least none that can help me.”
           “Actually there is.” a deep voice said from the shadows.
            “Who are you!?” the princess yelled.
             “Why I am just a magical spirit, here to give you the perfect suitor. I can guarantee you a happy ending. Just like your fairy tales.” the voice said.
             “And why should I trust you?” she asked.
              “Because I have magic, just like fairy tales. And all you have to do is give a lock of your hair and with my magic I can grant your wish and make a handsome prince come to marry you.” the voice of shadows said with an inviting tone.
             “Wait, I've heard this one before.” Princess Alice responded.
             “W-what?” the voice stuttered.
             “Yeah, I've read plenty of fairy tales. Your some trickster demon or something and me giving a lock hair to you gives you my soul or something right? No deal. Now get out of my bedroom creep.” Alice started tapping her foot.
           “F-fine.” the voice said, never to be heard by Princess Alice again. Princess Alice went to bed wondering what kind of suitor she would have to deal with the next day.
             As usual she waited in the courtyard for the next suitor. But instead of a clean, handsome man coming out of the carriage that came up a boy much closer to her age came out. He was not nearly as dressed up as the other suitors. Usually suitors came in the fanciest clothes possible, cleaned up perfectly and approached her and bowed. The boy here looked like he had been forced into his suit like a dog fighting against a leash. Her father, who stood right next to Princess Alice whenever suitors first met her, looked shocked that such a suitor had even come out of the carriage. Suitors also usually maintained a perfect posture around her. This boy slumped and his hair was messy. He walked up to her lazily.
            “I don't want to marry you, but father is forcing me to. So I must ask, Princess Alice will you marry me? Now could you please turn me down just like everyone else so I can go home?” he looked her straight in the eyes with a scowl that actually communicated a plea for help.
            “I'm glad we at least share something in common unlike the other suitors. I don't suppose you like horse riding?” Alice asked with a snide smile.
           “I suppose I do.” the new suitor responded.
           “Flute playing?” Alice asked.
           “Love it.” the suitor smiled.
          “Garlic and marmalade sandwiches?” Alice prodded
          “Someone besides me likes that!?” the suitor's mouth fell agape.
          “Yeah, looks like we have some things in common.” Princess Alice said. “What's your name?”
          “Prince Darin.” he told her with a smile.
         “Well, Prince Darin, do you like, um,” the Princess grew nervous, it was her number one interest of all, but to be so into it at her age was not very lady like, but she figured she had to tell him. “Do you like fairy tales?” Prince Darin froze. It took a minute of silence passed before he responded.
         “I do.” he smiled nervously, “I suppose it is unbecoming of a man my age to love such flights of fancy. N-not that I care what you think as I still do not wish to marry you.”
       “But I love fairy tales. And it is good for a man to enjoy flights of fancy.” Princess Alice grew excited, “You are different from the from the other suitors, care to take a walk with me through the castle grounds?” The prince hesitated a little then smiled. 
              “I'd be delighted.” Prince Darin said while he took a better posture. The Princess's father stood there confused. He had seen all the other suitors turned down. Suitors he had seen as perfect, turned down and this boy swept his daughter so readily.
           During the walk they discussed their interests and love of fairy tales and recited their favorites to each other. The Princess also learned that the same voice had met with Darin the night before he visited the Princess, but instead offered him a way out of marrying her. They wondered if perhaps it was trying to get in between them. Either way they fell in love and they lived happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment