Translate

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Fate's Keys


       Today marks the day start I do all that “Social Networking” that all authors should do, today I have created a twitter account! A great big hello to all the people who have come here through twitter! Thanks for coming and I hope you enjoy my stories. To celebrate my opening into social networking I decided to repost what I considered one of my greatest works that I've done throughout my entire writing of this blog. Which is a lot considering I've done more than 100 of these stories as I've done a story nearly every post and I've done more than 100 posts. Yup that many people from twitter, been keeping this up for about three plus months a post a day with a story each one. So if you enjoy this one feel free to go through past ones and I intend to keep this up for quite some time as its good practice as I write my book. Oh, seizures are down today which is nice only like 3 as of this post.(I have epilepsy, a rare unique case not like what you see on tv, to new people from twitter please read my bio on the right side of the blog as it details it, you have to scroll down a bit to see it. My seizures are not even triggered by light.) Anyway enjoy the flash fiction new and old readers!


Fate's Keys

         Not a single person sat in the audience of a massive theater. The theater had it all, velvet chairs, balconies, clean lighting and a pianist on stage. Yet a lonely air drafted through it. The curtains had already been drawn open and the pianist didn't need an audience to play. He only needed his piano. It laid at the exact center of the stage. It looked like an antique, but didn't show any signs of age. The wood had a thin silver polish.
        The pianist wore a dull gray suit, had mellow tan skin, scraggly black hair and sunken brown eyes. His friendly smile would make anyone trust him in a minute. He sat in the stool next to his piano in a dignified posture.
         This man was a Fate. His piano had the power to weave time. He struck a single high note to begin his song and a woman named Cynthia was born. He started with low notes in a monotonous rhythm. She lived in a small, quaint town tucked between a few mountains with a single solitary road being the only way out of the tiny valley. The Fate played a depressing and rapid melody when her parents died and her uncle took her to the city. She made many friends in high school when the Fate sprinkled her life with a string of cheery notes. The Fate pounded the keys when she entered college and met her true love. The Fate softened his keystrokes and the couple settled down. He pushed three sharp, happy notes the moment they got married.
          He swept his hands across the keys when their twins were born. He didn't create a melody for the twins, that would be a song for another Fate. As she raised her children the Fate played his notes in a chaotic sequence that required all ten of his fingers. When she bid them farewell into their own lives his melody became steady and predictable. As she aged it the music became slower and slower with each passing year. She fell ill and the Fate hit one key over and over in the rhythm of a heartbeat. Eventually he stopped the song while her husband watched from the side of a hospital bed.
        The Fate stood up and took a bow to the nonexistent audience in the theater. He wore a big smile while he bowed. Without any hesitation he sat down and began to play again.

No comments:

Post a Comment