Translate

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Love Them For Who They Are


Not sure if you remember but I stated that brother made himself a Frankencomputer so he gave his old desktop to me today so we could play the games together. (My laptop is not one meant for gaming, though I really just browse the Internet and write.) so I suppose we shall be banding together to pwn some noobs in the future with our mad skillz. I am confident that I will be victorious. Starcraft II is a war video game, and I'm confident in my victory because I read Sun Tzu's Art of War and I assume it is completely applicable. Anyway, onto today's flash fiction!


Love Them For Who They Are

       Jessica was the talkative one while Tom was the quiet one in the relationship. At least that's what it was like for today. Those were the personality pills they chose the night before. The process was simple. Decide what personality you wanted the next day, take the pill with dinner, then go to bed. It'll work its way through your system and the next day you'd wake up with that personality and it would last through the day.
       Another day they flip-flopped it and Tom talked and talked while Jessica became the quiet one. On some days they made themselves crazy party animals that just danced around, while others they just made themselves lazy bums that spent the day slouching around. They could make themselves sports fanatics, sci-fi nuts, art snobs, video game addicts, movie buffs, and many more. Some packages of pills even had celebrity personalities.
       Though Jessica and Tom also liked to play around with the pills. The pills were already volatile, warnings covered the backs of the boxes. But Jessica and Tom took it even further. There were times that they would “double up” pills to make their personalities more extreme. When someone took a personality pill their real personality remained as a base. Their true selves were still there, and the personalities from the pills just went over, like a mood would change how someone behaved. But as pills would double the real self would submerge more. As time went on Jessica and Tom doubled up more and more and even tripled up. They then started mixing pills to make their own intense creations, not even really understanding any of the science behind it all, just experimenting with the chemicals.
      Over time they forgot their original selves, but they didn't care. As far as they were concerned right now Jessica was a rough, tough, wild girl while Tom was a quite, reserved, patient guy and they were perfect for each other.

2 comments:

  1. The 'art of war' comment cracked me up! You have a wry wit, my dear. Loved the story as usual...how you come up with all of these different concepts is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I usually ask myself what if over and over on loop to find possibilities then think of the consequences it would have on people and how they act. Though also I'm actually trying to find different ways to come up with ideas too. I kinda look for inspiration instead of wait for it. Though I do wish there was some magic idea fairy out there, that would be AWESOME. (Hmmm...maybe a story about a magic idea fairy for a writer would be fun now that I think about it...)

      Delete