Translate

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Fashionable Parts:


I've decided to change the format of blog so that all my posts are always titled with the title of the day's story. I figured it be better than just a crunch of what happened to me that day. It'll also make it easier to find previous stories. Speaking of previous stories to anyone new I've been doing this for a few months before I joined twitter so feel free to look through previous stories in the archives on the right side of the blog page. Some of my old favorites include Dream TV which was about a family watching a nationwide TV show where people's dreams were shown then the nation would vote for the most entertaining dream and the contestant who got the most votes got the prize money. Another previous story that I absolutely love is Browsers Get Paid By The Hour which is about a bunch of Internet browsers on their lunch break talking about their users to each other. There are a lot of old stories of mine I think you'll love them so please look through the archives. Oh, got to play Diablo III with bro today and that was fun. We kinda just skipped all the cutscenes so the plot of the game pretty much became us slaying demons with me running around going saying “PEW PEW PEW” (I was a wizard and I did love my magic missile spell) We watched American Ninja Warrior which was also fun. Seizures were a bit up which was really the only down part of the day. I really liked writing today's story so woo!


Fashionable Parts

          “I'll have the pink jet boots.” Jessica the robot said to the store clerk with her gears clicking wildly in excitement.
         “That will be a thousand credits.” the middle aged clerk responded. It was almost five he thought, and this girl had finally made up her mind. He swore his circuits would have blown in frustration if she had kept shuffling through the store shelves and asking for suggestions any longer.
          “A thousand credits, that's expensive. You sure you want to buy that Jessica?” Amanda, Jessica's much more frugal and wiser robot friend said.
         “Amanda, this is why you don't get the boys, your not willing to do what it takes to get the most fashionable parts. Jet boots are what's in. I don't want to be stuck wearing treads while the rest of the girls are flying off with all the boys.” Jessica lectured while waving her finger.
         “I guess your right. But try not to buy any more parts after this okay? I don't want to help you pay your part of the rent again okay?” Amanda sighed. Jessica was right. Amanda didn't get the boys. She wasn't well built, the screws around her hips tended to be loose, she rusted easily so her complexion was off no matter how much she cleaned herself up. Amanda was very smart because of her big processors but they couldn't fit just in her head so some had to move to her belly which made her clunky and bulbous.
       “Let's get the parts fitted on now! I just don't know when I'll meet the perfect guy for me!” Jessica said with a pretentious smile. The smile showed off all her perfectly modified teeth. Jessica paid 5,000 credits for those.
        “For the love of-” the store clerk mumbled under his breath. He couldn't believe these customers. And at four-fifteen, he got of at five. FIVE! He cleared his throat. “Right away Miss! Here at our store we do offer the best in customer service.” He had done a thousand times with other customers so it took him less than second to swap out her feet.
        “How wonderful! The boys are going to dig it! Gotta polish it though! Think it'll look good with chrome. It's blue now, think I should paint it red?” Jessica asked as she sat down and waved her feet about.
       “Jessica. Didn't you hear on the news? Chrome demand is way up. It's gonna cost a ton of money to do that.” Amanda said worried.
        “Fine, I'll wait till next month to do it.” Jessica groaned. Amanda knew that the price of chrome would just go up.
         A chime sounded as another customer entered the store. The customer was a tall robot. His screws were perfectly tight. He had a perfect completion, not a bit of rust on him. They could hear his the powerful pistons in his engine go as he moved. He had all the best parts. The robot walked over to the used part section and started rummage about with his well built hands. Jessica dashed over to what she considered to be, the perfect robot man.
        “What are you looking for?” She asked with a smile. She flared the fire in her jets boots a little. She shifted her gears to point out her thighs as wells. Just a few weeks ago she also had replaced them with newer parts as well. They had come straight from an ad in a fashion magazine.
        “I'm looking for screws for my dog.” the robot responded. His voice was deep but had a sincere tone, like someone calming a child. “I've searched the Internet ten times over so I've been searching stores one by one with no luck.”
          “Well, I like dogs.” Jessica said with a smile. She worked her way in front of the robot. “What's your name? Do you like my parts?” she asked while continuing to show off her parts. The robot gave her a glance over. He was impressed by a few of them.
          “My name is Thomas, and those are very nice parts now could you please move out of the way I need to see those screws.” he gave her a tough look. It wasn't a nasty look, or a stern look just enough so that she moved aside. He began looking through screws again. Most of the used parts were in boxes so he had to sift through the screws like sand then pick them up one by one to analyze them.
          “Um, what kind of model is your dog?” Amanda asked nervously. She had never spoken to such an attractive robot before. Her engine was running hotter and hotter. Jessica shot Amanda a nasty glare for speaking to Thomas.
          “XR-345, my grandpa took one then customized it. We named him Gear. The screw's from his hip so he can't walk now, but otherwise he's still running like he did when we first built him.”
         “Ah, well no wonder you can't find one, those screws aren't used to make dogs anymore you'd never find one that way.” Amanda explained.
       “Shoot. Do you know where I can get those screws?” Thomas asked disappointed with another dead end.
      “Just old boot parts like,” then Amanda glanced at her two solid robot feet. Just like with most of her body the screws were loose. Her boot parts were very old. “like mine.” A screwdriver came out from her finger, standard maintenance equipment on all robots and she pulled out all robots. “This screw will fit your dog. My leg parts are hand me downs and they come from the same generation of manufacturing as your dog so they will fit perfectly.” She handed him the screw.
        “But won't you have difficulty walking?” he said as he accepted the screw with a baffled expression.
       “I will do fine until I get a replacement. I get my paycheck soon. I'll get some of those new jet boots like my friend has so don't worry.” Amanda laughed. If she were human she would be blushing so red that she would look like a tomato.
        “No, this is so incredibly kind of you, let me buy your replacements. Don't worry about the money. See all these impressive parts I have, I'm plenty well off.” Thomas said. “And could tell me your name?”
         “It's Amanda.” she replied.
        “Well Amanda I'd also like to buy you a cup of oil sometime.” Thomas said with a smile.

2 comments:

  1. Particularly enjoyed this story today, Langdon. Thanks for starting out my day on such a fun note!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, I really enjoyed writing this one.

      Delete