Translate

Monday, May 7, 2012

The Wizard's Morning Paper


Had an appointment with my doctor today. He diagnosed me with Doose Syndrome based on my EEG from the hospital visit, but I am having genetic test to see if I have a different kind of epilepsy. I will be getting the same treatment, but since I am so different from his other Doose paients he's sent in DNA tests. He told me what he thinks I may have. I have the name written down somewhere, but not with me right now, the names something something syndrome with the something something being the name of the guy who discovered it, his name's really hard to pronounce and spell so I can't remember it right now. When we're sure I'll say what it is specifically on the blog. I think you'll have as much difficulty pronouncing it as I did, unless I'm just tongue tied with scientist names. Seizures were up, wooziness down, didn't have any of them hot flashes and we're cutting down on that neasea medication, and I think I'll do good. Also we're testing my blood as Felbetall can do damage to the liver and immune system and such(but often it doesn't) which is why I was hesitant to do it earlier but my first one I did before(did I mention that on an earlier post?) everything came back fine. Anyway, that today's exposition is over onto today's flash fiction!

(Edit from when I was adding the titles to old posts on 8/2/2012: The genetic condition I learned is fairly nasty and I later learned I do not have it. Yay!)

The Wizard's Morning Paper


       Danar the Wise opened up his newspaper. He was a wizard known for both his incredible magical powers. But also he was a wizard known for his incredibly poor eyesight so he had to wear massive glasses that pressed against cheeks. He read the paper the same he read his magic scrolls, carefully and slowly, with a sort of precision that fit surgery. He always skipped the front page article and went directly to the tiny little article tucked right under it. He couldn't remember where he picked up that habit. It had been ingrained in his dusty old brain for too long.

World Record: 14 Dragons Born in one Litter

        The wizard read the title of the article shocked at first. But as he read on he grew angry.
       “Those idiots!” he roared, “They didn't do their research. The world record is fifteen.” he remembered Xanna the Red Witch, just twenty years ago her dragon had fifteen dragons. He stormed around. He was furious at the sloppy research of this paper, not believing that a professional paper would goof up. He decided he would write them a letter scolding them. Then he thought of going there himself and saying it straight to their faces. He then decided that he would cast a curse on their editor, though Danar couldn't decide what kind of curse was justified for such a mistake.
      Then Danar remembered that Xanna's dragon didn't have fifteen dragons, it had thirteen dragons. They were right, fourteen was a world record. He laughed, sat down and continued reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment