Translate

Monday, May 28, 2012

Dragon On Ice::


Well today was a fun day. Played a few board games with Mom and did a great deal of progress with my book. Mom had a live chat today and she mentioned my blog there which is totally awesome! I hope that everyone from there enjoys the stories on my blog.

 Dragon On Ice

         “This is shocking. A dragon of all things in my land of ice and snow.” said the Frost King in amazement. The Frost King was the king of the snowmen. Though for many the word snowman may make them think of cute stacked balls of snow with carrot noses and stick hands these snowmen were very different. In the land that the Frost King ruled, he and the other snowmen were big, burly creatures with arms and legs. Their skeletons, claws and teeth and spikes were made of ice while the rest of the body was made of a heavy snow. “What could possibly make a lizard like you risk his life here? The cold should have killed you long before my guards caught you. Fortunately we did have the decency to provide you with blankets despite the fact you broke into my palace.”
         “I needed an audience with you no matter what Your Highness.” the dragon said to the Frost King while piled under blankets. The dragon was surprised he wasn't dead. He had to use all his fire breath and every last bit of his strength to get this far. He figured that if they did not have these blankets for guests from the warmer worlds, as the snowmen and other residents of this ice world they lived in did not use them. To the dragon sides were two guards, though they were completely unnecessary, as the dragon couldn't lift a claw.
         “And what do you need an audience with me for?” the Frost King leaned forward from his throne.       “What could a dragon a creature that breaths fire possibly want from me, the Frost King?”
         “I want to ask of you a favor Your Highness.” the dragon then bowed his head as much as he could while mostly piled under the blankets, “I want some of the White Elixer.”
          “The White Elixer? What use could that have to you? The White Elixer cures sickness caused by magic and dragons like you are immune to magic spells.” The Frost King then laughed, “Don't tell me you plan to sell it. Because there are much more practical ways to make money than this.”
        “No I won't be selling it Your Highness.” the dragon said as he continued to bow his head.
        “Then what could you possibly use it for?” the Frost King asked with a puzzled expression on his snowy face.
        “To cure a sickness in a human who has been cursed with a sickness by a vile witch.” the dragon told him. His body was starting to regain a little strength. Perhaps he could soon lift his head enough to make eye contact with the Frost King.
        “But you dragons hate humans. Their knights kill you or enslave you to ride you putting you in stables like common horses. They even have the audacity to call it 'taming' yet you want to help one?” the Frost King, if he could with his snowy hands, would have pinched himself to check if he was in a dream.
        “Not all humans are the same as I have learned. I once fell ill and a human tended to me. The illness rendered me unable to defend myself and she knew as soon as I was well I could very well as killed her yet she healed me anyway. She was educated as well and knew what herbs were needed to cure me and she climbed a nearby mountain, risking her life there to retrieve them for me. And in the end I was cured.”
        “And you became like family and now you are trying to cure her as she cured you.” the Frost King said finishing the dragon's story. “Your story's so sweet it sounds like my grandma's reading me a fairy tale. I wouldn't believe it if I wasn't seeing you nearly dying in my throne room. So ironic, a dragon working to save a human. I'm moved. I will give you your White Elixer under one condition, you bring the human to me. I will also give you two Snow Charms so you two may endure the cold here with little difficulty.”
        “Understood Your Highness.” the dragon said. He looked the Frost King in the eyes. “Thank you so very much.”
          And so a month passed. The Frost King grew impatient and on the day he was about to send out his soldiers to find the dragon on suspicion of lying the dragon arrived with the human.
         “I am sorry for the wait Your Highness, but it took me a very long to time fly to Swamplands of Woe to drop the witch off for her permanent vacation from anyone she could hurt and get back.” the dragon bowed.
         The human bowed as well. She had black skin the same color as the smoke of a dragon's breath while her hair was a deep dark brown like the wood on a stained antique stool. She was educated and wealthy but wore plain, practical clothing. She always wore a bright red. The Frost King liked the color, it was something he hadn't seen often in his kingdom of snow.
         “This reminds me of how long its been since I've seen a human. What's your name girl?” the Frost King asked.
         “Samantha.” she responded.
         “I really can't believe I'm actually seeing it. I actually can't believe I'm seeing it. I suppose it is time I announce my plan.” the Frost King said with a smile. His smile contained rows of big, pointy teeth made of icicles.
          “Plan?” the dragon and human asked in unison.
          “If you two can be friendly then I suppose that us creatures of ice can be friendly with you dragons, creatures of fire. Dragons and sympathetic humans will now be able to seek refuge in my land of ice to escape the knights attempting to kill and enslave them.”
          “What...?” Samantha looked at him puzzled.
          “Yes I am aware I will need many, many, many more blankets." the Frost King sighed.

No comments:

Post a Comment