Translate

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Wizard's Pocket


          Today has resulted in incredible progress in my book. The plot threads and pulling together and I have come up with the hook into my sequel, as it is a series. If things go as planned this book could be finished by the end of summer. Though I cannot rush things as it is better to work hard and slow to create a good book then to rush and create a piece of slop. I'm so excited about this book. It's my most original, well developed premise. I didn't think it was so incredible until Mom after reading the first three chapters said to me “I've never read anything like it”, and she hasn't said that with any of my other work. I've gotten incredible reactions from people in my creative writing club at College and from friends too. I've written other books,(though some terrible, I've deleted one off my computer so it may never be read by anyone ever again) but this is the one I'm going to try and get published and I think defines me as a writer and could start my career if I'm lucky. So wish me luck and maybe someday I'll have a book emblazoned with LANGDON KENNEDY on my cabinet! I had more seizures today though, so I'd think maybe twelve today, not counting what I'll have after this blog post I guess, but whatever this medication still keeping them down. Anyway onto the flash fiction!


The Wizard's Pocket

         Long ago magic filled universe but time and time again it caused wars and mass devastation as magic was used to create quakes and storms just to attack other armies. A great and powerful wizard decided he had to fix this so he took all the magic in the world and placed in a miniature universe of his own creation. This was called The Wizard's Pocket. People tried to force the wizard to let magic back out, but he had cast the spell so that even by choice he could not open it. So for centuries all the dragons, elves, curses, enchantments, ghosts, zombies, vampires, spells, fairies, unicorns and other magical phenomena existed in the pocket undisturbed.
         But the spell was not perfect and the seams of the pocket tore a little. A small boy wandered in by accident. Confused and lost at first he cried and cried. But elves soon took him in as their own. He grew up in the magical world and had natural magical strengths greater than the wizard who created the pocket. He tamed all the magic in the world and made it an even more beautiful place. He then broke all the seams of the pocket and brought all the magic back to the original universe again. It was wonderful with magic fossil fuels were no longer needed and nearly every part of the human condition improved as magic cured diseases and made life easier and could even allow people to fly. But just as before, wars happened and devastation crossed the world. So this wizard decided to create another pocket and seal away the magic again. Though just as before it did not last forever and someone else walked into an open seam...

2 comments:

  1. Nothing can be suppressed for long, eh? Well done, and glad to hear you're progressing so far with your amazing book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Indeed, and soon my creation will live Muahahahahaha!

      Delete