Translate

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Today's #Scifi #fantasy short story #TheMostDifficultThingToShare


“I wonder if I took a wrong turn in Albuquerque?”
Christopher Columbus*


Well did me story as usual and brainstormed my book, the flash fiction series that I hope I will finish next week and this story. The series is going to be quite interesting and I do hope it comes together but no guarantees. I'm already falling in love with the character's I'm brainstorming. Anyway onto the flash fiction!



The Most Difficult Thing To Share

        Some of you find it easy to share. Some of you find it hard. Your ability to share does vary from person to person. But it also boils down to what. Are you willing to share a table? A lawnmower? A secret? A romantic night under a beautiful cascade of stars and a bright full moon? And also with who of course.
      I-We have an odd relationship with sharing. Oh? Did you stumble on the word I-We? Think it was some sort of mistake on I-We's part? It's not. I'll try to explain this to you as simply as I-We can. The government calls I-We Sam and Tom. And I-We live as roommates. I-We are both separate people. Sam is tall and Tom is short and so many other differences in how Tom and Sam look and the way the voices are.
      However I-We or rather Tom and Sam as you would say, have the exact same personality. The exact same. The exact same interests, desires, hates, impulses, everything. I-We didn't know at first. The shock when I-We realized it was intense. Really I-We's souls matched and we invented the I-We concept to keep ourselves sane and rationalize our improbable situation so will still felt I-We's personalities, really I-We's souls, still had a sort of meaning about them.
      You are familiar with a sort of material sharing plus an emotional and conceptual sharing. But you normal people will never understand the kind of sharing I-We does. I-We thinks you should be happy that you are in the kind of situation to have that kind of individuality. Are you wondering whether this is Tom or Sam telling you all this. It doesn't matter the words are exactly the same. I-We already checked the others. I-We are exact. Not similar. Savor individuality. Though I-We have seen benefits in this bond and under our forced obligation to live together as roommates financially I-We have become psychologically bound to each other and I-We doubts I-We will ever break contact. There are obligations to sharing to see. Though I think many of you already understand that.

This work is copyright Langdon Kennedy you may share this(email it, print it, post it on your own website, broadcast it etc.) work unaltered as long as you credit me as the author and share a link to this blog with it and it is not for profit. If you have any questions and/or are unclear of these conditions email me at llkenne1@asu.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment