“Let's take a breather.”
Darth Vader* #quote
I wonder if there's a music genre called “chips” that would go good with salsa. Anyway onto the flash fiction!
The Testaments Of The Pieces
- The Pawn: I often feel the first touch of attention. Then I often then become the first acceptable loss.
- The Knight: I don't feel as noble as the real human ones do. I feel deceptive and sneaky. I break the rules the other pieces must follow as I jump over pieces. I escape situations that other pieces would die in. I feel like I have unfair advantage over my brothers.
- The Bishop: I zig-zag through life, often passing by others as I take pieces. I feel like I'm being judged when I pass by them.
- The Rook: I don't feel much. I go straight. I stop. I go straight again. What more is there to life?
- The Queen: Everyone loves me. I can do what the rook and the bishop can do. I feel like the most valuable piece on the board because I am.
- The King: I feel like a constant burden. The players never defend me because I'm useful. They only defend me because I will make them lose. And when the opponent goes after me it is not because I am a threat, it is because I am vulnerable. I think I'm the most useless piece on the board.