Translate

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Today's #Scifi #fantasy short story #TheMythicalDragonsLament

“Make love, not war.”
Genghis Khan*

Had a busy day. My glasses were broken had new ones fitted today, Grandma came over and I had a bit of writers block. But hopefully it's still good. I hope you enjoy!



The Mythical Dragon's Lament

       I'm so lonely. I have to stay in this magic temple and wait for people to pass the Trials of Power and Greatness. If they do I get to grant them each a wish. I don't get to leave so I don't have any friends or a girlfriend. People leave pretty quickly after they get their wish. I made up this really, really long speech just so they have to stay longer. I also speak really long and dramatically. My normal voice is not a booming, thunderous thing but a bit more of a sort of Brooklyn/Mexican accent. Anyway I also work to make their wishes backfire just so they have to comeback and un-wish them. I really need the company. I'm so lonely. Oh! I have an idea. Could you please be my penpal? My address is 1700 Mystical Temple Lane. We can talk about so much like interior decorating(one of my big hobbies since I can't leave the temple I summon whatever furniture I want to decorate the place. People get confused when they see me, the mystical dragon sitting on a fashionable chair but I don't care. It makes them stay longer.) I also like video games. I can also play them from inside the temple. Solitaire too. Lot's and lot's of solitaire. I'm so lonely. Please be my penpal. I grant you a special wish and you don't even have to pass the Trials of Power and Greatness! Pretty please?

Sincerely,

The Mythical Dragon

PS: I changed my mind I'll give you two wishes...please write to me! I'll wait for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment