Translate

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Today's #Scifi #fantasy short story #TheAlienBearsSomeNews


 “Philosophy is a kind of journey, ever learning yet never arriving at the ideal perfection of truth.”
Beavis, Beavis and Butthead*


       Well today was productive insofar that I got some work done on my book and I managed to get a schedule to get me off the pill that's been giving me some nasty side effects(the exhaustion). Once those are gone my productivity can go back up. Plus my friend CJ may make it over this weekend. Yay! My Aunt Linda visited today along with my Grandma and much shenanigans occurred and it was fun. (The part with the robot-spider clowns fighting a war with the penguin mafia was a bit rough though) Anyway onto the flash fiction!


The Alien Bears Some News

        Hello humans! I'm an alien from another world and I've got some bad news. I've decided that in order to make it easier on you I'd tell you the news in song!

Oh humanity...
Oh humanity...
Your world is a wonderful place,
On our world we envy your race.
Oh humanity...
Oh humanity...
We want for all your planet's things,
Including the water in your springs.
Oh humanity...
Oh humanity...
We even want every orange,
And also every sporange.
Oh humanity...
Oh humanity...
But we just can't,
Oh we just can't.
Share it with you!
Oh humanity...
Oh humanity...
When our ships emerge from the rift,
Your deaths will be very, very swift.
Oh humanity...
Oh humanity...
I'm sorry to do you so much wrong,
But I do hope you enjoyed my song!


Author Comment: I didn't make the word sporange up. It is a real English word that barely rhymes with orange. It is an alternative for the word sporangium which is a term for a part of a fern or similar plant. Yes, the aliens want all of our ferns!







This work is copyright Langdon Kennedy you may share this(email it, print it, post it on your own website, broadcast it etc.) work unaltered as long as you credit me as the author and share a link to this blog with it and it is not for profit. If you have any questions and/or are unclear of these conditions email me at llkenne1@asu.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment