Translate

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Today's #Scifi #fantasy short story #ASupervillianHasHadWorseDaysThanThis


“Gotta catch'em all!”
Influenza Genome Sequencing Project*


Well CJ's over today so I wrote this one ahead of time yesterday but I'll still think you'll like it. It made me smile while I wrote it. Enjoy!



A Supervillian Has Had Worse Days Than This

       Captain Amazingcape was going to throw me into my own vat of acid that I was going to use to kill him and many puppies because, well, I'm an evil super villain. And if you're thinking “Hah! You were going to kill puppies you're going to get what you deserved!” Jokes on you, I've been through much worse than this. My name is Dr. Cleverplan. And I assure you the villians are the ones that go through all the crap and danger. Not the heroes. Think about it. Who gets in trouble in the end? Yup. Oh and here's an off camera secret. Many of our plans backfire before we're even finished. I had my face half eaten off by my own zombie horde before I learned how to control them to unleash them on the city. Fortunately I had my trusty healing serum around. That's what I always use. And that's what's going to make this trip into the vat of acid just another Monday.
       Here's some of the other garbage I've been in. I've been zapped by heat vision. Punched by super strength. Dropped from incredible heights. Hung from flagpoles of whatever nation the superhero lives in as “patriotic justice” for hours. Longest time I think was 16. That's where they put me to be picked up by the police instead of having the decency to drop me off at the station. I've been dragged along by super-speed. Then there's being frozen by ice breath into a human pop cicle to be shipped to prison because y'know rope couldn't work. Superheroes always have to use their powers. Psychic ones violate my secrets or stretch my limbs. I've been hypnotized to dance like a monkey. I've been hit by several missiles because apparently they think I'm as immortal as they are. Just because I have a protective robot suit doesn't mean I'm a flying brick like you morons. Y'know I'm starting to wonder if I'd be safer in my boxers.
      But then again that would make me an easier target for all the exploding arrows and all the rabid super animals they have prancing around. They never tell you but the animal's droppings are as radioactive as their attacks. I found that out when I found them around my old fortresses scavenging for parts. Oh yeah. And there's being stomped by one of the giant ones. Do the heroes ever think that I have bones too? They say they don't want to kill people but it sounds like they are violent monsters worse than me and they just say “It was necessary” or that “It was an accident”. You ever notice that villains have plans while the heroes just barge in through the front doors like crazed barbarians? I wanted to kill puppies for their puppy energy to power my laser beams to take over the world. The hero dangling me over the vat is doing out of petty spite.
       And the minions. Oh I'm not going to complain about minion behavior. Some villains are stupid enough to do that. I mourn at their loss. How many times I have posted guards and instead of the hero I dunno showing off their heat vision and threatening them have they just go and kill them right on the spot. Some of the minions the heroes kill are my janitors. And I just didn't keep them privy to my plans because I wanted to give them jobs when they were down on their luck and I needed people. I figure them having a job to feed their family while having ignorance is bliss is a good thing. But hey if they don't have names the heroes will murder them like insects. You'd think someone with super strength wouldn't have to kill someone to get through my lair. And I have to write the letters to home. “Oh yeah your mother/father is dead. Me, their employer, is actually super villain and even though they were actually out of the way to my control room the superheroes you used to trust decided to sweep my lair and kill them anyway and maybe assumed the janitorial equipment they were holding was some sort of disguise. That's the black/white morality of superheroes! Here's a little a bonus along with their last paycheck!”
       So even though this “hero” is going to drop me into my own vat of acid I can take a healing serum for that since out of his arrogance he'll leave me for dead. Like he did when he dropped off that cliff. Or when he dropped me in that volcano. Or when left me in the arctic. Or when he stranded me on that alien planet. So yeah. I have always had worse days than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment