Translate

Friday, August 3, 2012

Today's #Scifi #fantasy short story #I'dLikeToInviteYouToAPartyOfMine


“Master betrayed us. Wicked. Tricksy, False. We ought to wring his filthy little neck. Kill him!”
Brutus and Cassius, Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare

Even though CJ has recently come over on Saturdays he's actually coming over today so here's today's story. I've been working on the flash fiction series for next week. It's going to run Mon-Fri and I'm nearly done with story #4 so I will do the story next week. Since they're done ahead of time they should be posted early in the morning of each day for me. Whatever I don't finish this weekend I will finish while the first part of the series is up. I really liked how it turned out so far.


I'd Like To Invite You to A Party of Mine


      Hello human. I'm a ghost. A ghost of the mind. And I'd like to invite you to a party of mine. Just play along and we'll have some great fun. All it takes is your imagination and my instruction. It will be simple don't worry.
      Now the first step is to imagine a little star in your mind. Then start making that star bigger in your mind like your pulling it closer with string. Pull it closer and closer. And when that star gets close enough you'll see a door. Open the door and go through it. There's a nice garden. But more importantly there's a table.
And at that table there's four empty chairs. And now your going to fill them with whoever you want. Family, friends, celebrities or even fictional characters. Now don't do it quickly. Do it slowly. Chair by chair. Make the image very clear of each person. Every single detail about them you want should be done. Don't keep reading till you have them as clear as you can.
     Now talk with them and maybe imagine some food on the table if you wish or put some music on in the background. Talk to them one at a time if you want. You may want to dismiss three of them and keep one. I won't interrupt. Even though it's my party I'm not actually going to be there. It's for you.
      And now whenever you want you may want to try coming to one of these parties. Though you could use the same star you used to go to my party to visit your hopes and dreams or any number of possibilities. As a ghost of the mind I know you can go anywhere. Perhaps I'll invite you along for a vacation of mine.

This work is copyright Langdon Kennedy you may share this(email it, print it, post it on your own website, broadcast it etc.) work unaltered as long as you credit me as the author and share a link to this blog with it and it is not for profit. If you have any questions and/or are unclear of these conditions email me at llkenne1@asu.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment