Translate

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Today's flash fiction #SuperpowersAndDueProcess

Now this is a story all about how
My life got flipped, turned upside down...”
Gulliver's Travels*



       Well, my friend CJ is coming over. We'll probably have a Pokemon battle or something that may ROCK THE HEAVENS! Man, I love that game. Haven't watched the cartoon since I was a kid though. When I was a kid I watched Pokemon, Batman, Pinky and the Brain, Monty Python and the Holy Grail(Many many times over even with some jokes flying over my head. I loved the evil bunny at the cave.) to list a few.
      Explains a lot doesn't it?

Superpowers and Due Process

       I'm going to skip my tragic back story. The whole adventure with my sidekick. All the growth I had with him and bonding. I'm going to skip talking about all the villains I fought to become as powerful a superhero I am now. I'm skipping to here. The here the now. I'm skipping the villain's plan.
       The here and now is that my sidekick is dead. The super villain is laughing. He's laughing like when all his plans cause damage. And what am I going to do? The same motions? Throw him in prison. This is the first time he's killed. Every time before was something far less significant, robbing a bank, or making all the water neon pink as a prank(one of those villains) this was murder.
       He's killed. And he's laughing. Is he expecting the same thing as usual? I fly about, break that contraption of his and fling him off to prison to escape? Just like all those other heroes with their villains, crazy prankster villain types or otherwise?
       No. I'm not going to cave like them. My sidekick's dead. I know what I'm going to do now. I'm not going to play the game like they do. I'm not going to catch villains and throw them into cardboard prisons just to have them break out. This prankster villain is just a normal human and he gets out. The government puts money into putting super prisons for stronger villains but other villains break them out for their own gain, or there's some malfunction or something. Genius type villains, giant monster type villains, animate ghosts, wizards. They all get out somehow, on their own or with the help of others.
      I'm going to take care of them myself. And now that I think about it, I can. I wear a mask. I have superpowers. I answer to no one. I can be judge, jury and executioner. Looking at my sidekick's dead body I realized I can just fly up to that villain and use my super strength to snap his spine in pieces. And no one could stop me. What are the police going to do, arrest me? I have a secret identity honed to perfection over years. Their bullets would be as useful as the bank robbers, completely useless. They could send other heroes against me. Throw me into one of the cardboard prisons. Then I would be the one breaking out. I could even attack the villains in their sleep, like they've done to so many people themselves. I can, no, I will, hunt all these monsters down before anyone will catch on. I'm one of the most powerful and trusted heroes anyway, there are so few barriers in my way. And the more I think about the more I realize:
        I'm a superhero, I am above the law.

No comments:

Post a Comment