Translate

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Today's flash fiction #WhatItsLikeToBeASpell

“Well I'll be a monkey's uncle!”
Charles Darwin*



     CJ came over this weekend as I said. Anyway, short post as he left late after dinner, this story was quickly written as well, but I still liked it. Enjoy!



What It's Like to Be a Spell


      Hey, do you live in one of those worlds where magic isn't sentient? Where spells don't have souls? No, wait, don't tell me you live in one of those magicless world. Whoah, that has got to be a load of trouble. We spells help you guys so much I don't know how you humans would make it beyond houses made of sticks and good luck.
      I should introduce myself. My name is Arc of the Fairy. A spell masterfully crafted by the wizard Merlin. Yup, that guy. Dude's reincarnated himself hundreds of times and travels between worlds. That's why I thought you probably heard of him. In fact even better I'm the spell that he uses to travel between the worlds. Eh, eh eh? How's that for awesome? The best part? I don't need any spell components! Eat that Dimension Bending! Who's the best world traveling spell now? I've got history and a history!
Sure you have to speak the ancient fairy tongue to cast the original magical chant to sync with my magical aura. And you have to have absorbed the magical energy of a certain amount of evil energy by killing demons or other beasts to inspire the good energy of the faeries to join you.
But I still have plenty of utility!
     Why in fact it may be a positive thing! In fact if I remembering Merlin was gathering evil energy to upgrade my scope for him by slaying creatures from your world one of the times he reincarnated himself! You're from Earth right? That's the world where he was killing beasts! Yup evil energy slain gets good attracted! That's why you don't have demons anymore... at least most of them. Y'know all those dragons and demons and all that other stuff. He killed it all to increase its power for him. See? I'm useful since I promote demon killing all while improving my usefulness! It's like if recycling powered your car! (You are one of the car worlds right?)
     Merlin's decided to retire to one world for a while now. But that doesn't mean I should being used. No. So many wizards and witches should be using me! I'm so much more useful than someone like Dimension Bending! You got any wizards and witches in your world? Are you one? Totally use me! Find a way to contact Merlin. If you ask nicely he can tell you how to cast me. If you're not could you tell one of wizard or witch friends? That would be really nice. Thanks. Like totally thanks. It would be nice if I could be cast soon. Like really soon. Thanks. Please. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment