Translate

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Today's short story #TheMeaningOfLearningItWasAllADream

Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'”
Angry Birds*


         Book, book, book, guess who's writing his book, that's Langdon! Also spoke with my friend CJ. He may be coming over this weekend and consulting me on said book. Also he reminded me the newest Pokemon games will be coming out. I will probably acquire one. Yeah me writing my book that is the collection of all my skills from writing all these short stories may be delayed by collecting and battling adorable creatures... Been playing Pokemon off and on since I was a young enough to compare to hobbit and even shorter so what's to stop me now? Came out when I was five if I recall.

Anyway onto the flash fiction!


The Meaning of Learning it Was All Dream

        When a story ends with “It was all just a dream” it often forgets to mention the most important part. What happens when the person realizes this? The after effects on them. They don't cover this. I woke up from a very long coma recently. A coma after a car accident, that when I was in my coma-dream, I thought I survived. Thirty years of my “life” instantly revealed to be a lie.
         Thirty years that started with a war that my brain made up. A war where I became a solider. A war where I started out a hero. Then I abused my power along with other soldiers. We took advantage of other people. We did whatever we pleased to them.
         I didn't go mad from later regret and trauma, spending the rest of my life repenting, only living free because I turned in some traitors I later worked with to gain even more by taking advantage of my own country and the one I was attacking. All those years giving accounts of the horrors of war to the nation weren't real. The horrors weren't real and the war wasn't real.
        And originally the scenario I constructed was that other soldiers convinced me to start taking advantage of those people and do all those horrible things to them. But no. When I woke up and learned it was all a dream, I learned that my brain chose to make all those scenarios exist. The real world didn't make all those horrors exist. My subconscious did. I wasn't dragged into a war, I made the war. I would have preferred to have stayed in my coma as the man repenting for his crimes than waking up knowing that it was a dream all along and that I made them exist.
       This terrible realization did give me a second chance. Lucky circumstances shortly after me waking up made me run across a great deal of money and power. So lucky you wouldn't believe them. So just like in the war in my dream I have the power to take advantage of people again.
         This time it can't all be a dream. I know I can't reset. Or maybe I'm within a dream within a dream. Does that mean I can do it all again? Or should do it all again whether or not waking up can get rid of all my sins.
        I wonder if my soul is the same in the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment