Translate

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Today's #Scifi #fantasy flash fiction #RecodingYourself

“There is no spoon.”
The Trix Rabbit*


I have been playing less Pokemon then usual(dun dun dun...) as I have decided to go away from the Atkins diet temporarily. In moments I'll be having appointments with a new doctor for a second opinion and a more detailed appointment with my current doctor. Least to say unless this diet is good for my condition I wouldn't want to head into it as an unnecessary diet could even be detrimental. I spent the day speaking with my dietician, scanning and sending her my food logs, and emailing my doctor. Free time was spent brainstorming me book a little and doing a dash of the good ol' Pokemon but actually less than the brainstorming.
Anyway, onto the feature program, the flash fiction!

Recoding Yourself

       Virtual reality is amazing. Especially in my time when you upload a proxy for your consciousness and your body into it. Then you can live in whatever world is created. But that's just for the people we call the Basics. And by “we” I mean the Coders. The Coders include myself naturally and any other programmer who is capable of controlling their proxy body, and even better their proxy consciousness.
       Yes, I can change myself. Proxy bodies are changed according to the scenario in the world and is usually done by a preset interface for the Basics set up by the Coders. But the Coders, we do it on our own. We can bring a command prompt in the virtual reality and alter ourselves. So much can be done in the virtual reality as you gain what is pretty much psychic powers. Basics get it, but Coders can go into whatever programs are in whatever computer their brain in plugged into.
       In those mental command prompts we can alter ourselves manually. I don't need to rely on other Coders preset interfaces or scenarios. I can turn myself into a dragon or whatever. I leave the “whatever” to your imagination, as whatever could be anything an imagination could come up with. My body could become a virtual replicate.
       And I am a skilled enough Coder to change my consciousness. Something quite illegal, but for my term in the virtual reality I could change who I am and the way I think. I work to leave a shard of my original self in there. The Coder with the ability to get out and the desire to get out after a certain amount of time, though there is an auto-boot out. Your consciousness always stays the same in the real world. But here I change myself at my own convenience and amusement. Of course as a skilled Coder I can change whatever virtual world I'm in, but usually I interact either with the standard virtual Earth with only standard non-human programs that came with my machines or go into the virtual cities where people are to see how the new me interacts with real people.
      I won't spoil what kind of person I am originally, but one day I was ditzy blonde girl and another day I coded my consciousness so I thought with the same mind as rugged, experienced football player who absurd steroids as he climbed to the top. I coded myself into both those minds and bodies out of my curiosity and amusement into the virtual world everyone enjoys. Both felt completely natural and I remember how I felt as  I walked among other people in the virtual cities with my new ways of thinking and the bodies that went with them. They feel just as normal as my normal as my normal consciousness.
    And they will feel just as natural as the third grader and the scientist I will code myself as later.

No comments:

Post a Comment