Translate

Friday, October 5, 2012

Today's #Scifi #fantasy flash fiction BulletsAndBloodvsMagic

“There's not a day goes by I don't feel regret. Not because I'm in here, or because you think I should. I look back on the way I was then: a young, stupid kid who committed that terrible crime. I want to talk to him. I want to try and talk some sense to him, tell him the way things are. But I can't. That kid's long gone and this old man is all that's left. I got to live with that.”
The Hamburglar*

Went to my anime club today. Had lots of fun a per usual. People brought board games. Someone even brought Pokemon Monopoly of all things. Ah, Monopoly, the game based on one of the most horrid economic situations that can cause so much damage and put so much power in single entities and hurt the people by putting them under the monetary thumb of another. But this time with cuddly Pokemon!
Anyway onto the flash fiction!


Bullets and Blood vs Magic

        “I bet you think you're so special. I bet you thought once you took out atomic weapons you could just walk all over us and take over our world. Well it didn't work and here we are,” the British soldier said smiling.
       “How did you breach the magic barrier of our castle? How are you here?” The wizard king was genuinely shocked for the first time in ten years. Being one of the eldest wizard kings on the Council of Wizard Monarchs he wasn't surprised easily. The two hundred year old man protected himself with a powerful magical barrier of his own so he isn't wasn't in immediate danger from the soldier's weapon.
        “We broke through. Bombs. American Marines were find you, but really the entire castle is flooded. It's still bizarre you made the castle bigger on the inside than it is on the outside. I hate magic.”
        The wizard stared at the soldier baffled. “But our weather magic should have manipulated the skies so that none of your missiles could reach us. How could you deliver any sort of bombs? And this castles barriers are enforced by magic from castles we warped all across your world when we warped this one into your world. All guarded by our best wizards with spells so powerful they could wipe out legions with their combined might. How could you do this?”
        “We destroyed every castle and killed every wizard. We brought more soldiers than your wizards could handle. It cost us countless lives but every country in the world marched troops on your bases and tanks and whatever we could get even if we couldn't get things through the sky. Your wizards would kill us and we would keep coming, even if they summoned demons or golems. Britain, America, Iraq, Japan, Canada, Mexico, China...I could list every country I could think of, sent soldiers to kill your wizards. And we won. Just by spilling our own blood and hitting you with enough bullets to break your magical barriers. Eventually they do go down. Whether we use grenades, machine guns or just blast them with a hand gun, enough of anything with eventually make them go down.”
       “Every other world before you has given up,” the wizard mumbled.
       “Welcome to Earth.” The Britain soldier smiled.
        “Tixafahi” The wizard cursed in the native tongue of his dimension. “I'll kill you.”
         “If you kill me, then you'll just have to face the thousands and thousands of soldiers behind me. Swedish? Brazilian? Take your pick. They'll keep unloading bullets on you until their last breath. Honestly I'm probably the only soldier that's ever stopped to reason with one of you after your initial sucker punch attack on us. Surrender to me and I think I can convince them to use you to reason with the rest of the wizards to prevent more conflict.”
         The wizard put his hands behind his head.
        “Lower your barrier,” the soldier said “You think they'll trust you with that up?”
        The wizard sighed while he lowered his barrier.
        The soldier immediately shot him.
        “What are you doing!?” The wizard yelled.
        “Every single one of my family members is already dead because of your magical bombardments on our cities. Don't think I'd ever let any of you live.”
         The soldier finished the job before the wizard could get a another word in.

No comments:

Post a Comment