Translate

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Today's #Scifi #fantasy flash fiction #ALittleBirdToldMe

“An apple a day keeps the doctor away!”
William Tell*



     Well started writing the short story I'm trying to get published. Also came up with a few more plot points for my book. Huzzah!
      Anyway onto the flash fiction!



A Little Bird Told Me


     “Agent Merlin, the kingdom is in dire peril.” The messenger blue bird had the most disturbing soulless look in its eyes. I hated that look.
      “What is it this time?” I asked. I also hated talking to the possessed birds in general. But enchanted birds were the best ways to communicate in all the realms. Possessed and they could be used to talk directly to the other person instead of just carrying a measly letter that could be stolen or lost.
      “The Dark Sorcerers are moving operation Crazy Dragon forward. We have prepared a magic carpet for you to leave for King Arthur's Castle to launch counter-operation Floppy Goblin. The spell to activate the carpet is 'eat extra crispy'.”
      “Anything else?” I raised my eyebrow. I knew that my superior operative could see me through the bird's eyes and whatever crystal ball he was using to manipulate it at HQ.
      “Yes. The enemy has been scanning the memories of our messenger birds to spy on our conversations,” my superior said to me.
      “Which means?” I shrugged.
      “Take cover, in twenty seconds this messenger bird will self destruct.”

No comments:

Post a Comment