Translate

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Today's #Scifi #fantasy flash fiction #TheirUltimateWeapon

“Are you ready to rock?”
Johann Sebastian Bach *



      It looks like for every computer that I checked on, Langdon's Flash Fictions is now the first result for my name on google! (Full name being Langdon Kennedy if you have looked at the abouts or my blogger profile or whatnot) so if you don't want to type in a url to get to my website you can just google my name and if you want to tell someone about my website you can tell them just to google my name. It'll pop right up, boom! And despite the fact I have the last name of Kennedy I have no relation whatsoever to President John F. Kennedy. (Somebody asked me that before which is why I stated it)
      Anyway onto the flash fiction!


Their Ultimate Weapon

       They us crushed easily. The aliens took over Earth with so little effort. They had a powerful weapon. Oh, it wasn't a bomb or some sort gigantic spaceship or tank. It was a raygun. But not the kind that melts your skin. It brought back memories. The kinds they wanted. Whatever was needed to bring you to their side. If they needed you to join an idealogy sure. They could also torture you by putting you in a loop of remembering everything wrong you've ever done. Buried in guilt until you've given in. Pain will do to. Emotional or physical, those things you've buried away will come back by their will. They shuffled people's brains about, rearranging how people chose to interpret, store and forget their memories. You couldn't lie to yourself anymore, justify your actions. They pounded everything into your head as they pleased.
        I relived the time I murdered that man over and over until I gave in. I wonder what the aliens would think would best crush you into submission. What are your regrets...?

No comments:

Post a Comment