Translate

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #EmotionalStairways

"I tawt I taw a puddy tat!"
Alice, Alice in Wonderland*


       Today I went to my writers club open house, where we introduced several new people to the club. By happenstance a few were people from my other club. Small world! (Well it is another club on the same college campus). Anyway here's one of my unique format flash fictions for your entertainment. Oh wait I didn't say that right. Anyway onto the flash fiction!


Emotional Stairways

     Ella Stein had to climb down many emotional stairways through her life. Here are a but a few and the events that came with them.

Test Day in Grade School

====Before: Anxiety
======During: Pressure
========While it is Graded: Fear
==========When Teacher gives it Back: Relief
============As she hands it to her parents: Satisfaction


Her Wedding Day:

==== After Awakening: Nervous Happiness
====== During Preparations: Blissful Stress
======== First Wearing the Mother's Dress: Steady Comfort
==========During the Priest's Speech: Wonderful Anticipation
============ At the moment of “I do”: Indescribable Joy

The Day of Her Death:

====While Watching TV: Monotonous Boredom
======Getting The Call From Her Divorced Husband: Entertained
========Meeting Him in The Park: Intrigued
==========Seeing Him Poor and Broken: Startled but not Surprised
============During the Stabbing: Rapid Bursts of Pain then Nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment