Translate

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #ToNotCare

“Everyone is different.”
The Oompa Loompas*

      Well today I figured out why Charles Dickens stuff can be really long. Apparently many of his works were serialized then compiled into books. So pretty much he was selling episodes of things. For example I read that The Old Curiosity Shop was serialized into 88 weekly parts. It is 220,152 words. Stuff builds up, and if you're selling something you'd sell a lot a lot of installments.
       Now I've been steadily making content too...how many words have I built up I wonder?


To Not Care


      I don't care my target is a twisted, evil man that deserves to die. I just care that I'm being paid a very large amount of money to kill him. I don't care that many will mourn for him. I don't care that the mourners will forty percent of the population. I don't care that the people who are paying me are the resistance that represent the oppressed sixty percent that gives that forty percent a perfect, comfortable life ignorant of the man's crimes.
     I don't care that I have to kill twenty guards to get to him. Guards that are just “doing they're job”. And I don't care about any witnesses that I needed to get rid of along the way.
       And I cared the least when he yelled at me, “I can pay you more!” because I know working for the guy in power doesn't get you as much work.

No comments:

Post a Comment