Translate

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #StevensTwoProcessors

“My eyes are up here.”
Medusa*


      Today I read some webcomics. Uh-oh! That meant I loafed! I still wrote, even did an awesome scene in my book...besides it's Saturday so that makes the loafing okay right? Right?
      Anyway onto the flash fiction!




Steven's Two Processors


       I have the most beautiful, perfect girl in my life. Well, she may not be the most beautiful or perfect girl, but since I'm in love with her that's what she is. That's how love is right? That's how you know you're trapped in a poem.
       There is a problem with my love though. It has to do with my two names. Steven and SX-D7. SX-D7 was my conversion number. That's simply the number the mechanics give the cybernetic unit they plant in your in brain to turn you into a cyborg. The robotic part in my brain is massive, half of my brain, so I think half-robot. Conflicting thoughts but also parallel. So I understand my love a little to much.
       The problem is that if I ever think to myself “Why do I love her?” my brain doesn't produce vague, puffy, heartfelt ideas, but rather a list of archived reasons. I do feel like I have to trick myself into having honest emotions because thinking about them too hard and bringing in the robotic parts brings them into a pre-programmed script of reasoning. Love doesn't do too go with a script.
      I said before that I had the most beautiful, perfect girl in my life, but maybe I only do because I haven't given the robotic parts of my brain enough information to tell me otherwise. Keeping my processors ignorant so they don't deduce the “proper” emotions I should be feeling is something I have to do. When I got in that accident and had to have these robot parts put into me they built “ignorance is bliss” into me.

No comments:

Post a Comment