Translate

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #TheTestamentsOfThePieces

“We'll make it up as we go along.”
George Washington upon signing The Constitution*

       Began physically writing my book today, like putting down words and stuff. But...the first scene that popped out doesn't feel like it works. I may just delete it when I'm done writing it if it doesn't fix itself. It wasn't the original hook so I really doubted it was going to work anyways., there was a large chance of failure from the start. Probably going to go with the original plan tomorrow.
       Anyway onto the flash fiction!




The Testaments of the Pieces


      The Pawn: I often feel the first touch of attention. I often then feel first dismissive thought as an acceptable loss.
     The Knight: I don't feel as noble as the real human ones do. I feel deceptive and sneaky. I break the rules the other pieces must follow as I jump over pieces. I escape situations that other pieces would die in. I feel like I have unfair advantage over my brothers.
     The Bishop: I zig-zag through life, often passing by others as I take pieces. I feel like I'm being judged when I pass by them.
     The Rook: I don't feel much. I go straight. I stop. I go straight again. What more is there to life?
     The Queen: Everyone loves me. I can do what the rook and the bishop can do. I feel like the most valuable piece on the board because I am.
     The King: I feel like a constant burden. The players never defend me because I can be used. They only defend me because I will make them lose. And when the opponent goes after me it is not because they think of me as a threat, it is because they think I am vulnerable. I feel I'm the most useless piece on the board.

No comments:

Post a Comment