Translate

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #TheStoneAgeArtCritic

“Are we there yet?”
Bilbo Baggins, The Hobbit*
       With Mom and Dad I went the birthday party of a family member then I went shopping with them afterward. I attempted to quick and simple(prepackaged and eatable upon opening) yet decently healthy(well more like not loaded with sugar and terribleness) snacks to have with my 4:30 medication. After quite some searching I thought to myself “Is everything we eat this horrible?” Onto the usual nuts for snacks! Sometimes I wonder what all those complicated words on the back on foods are. The Internet could tell me but I'm afraid if I look it up I'll become depressed. 
 Anyway onto the flash fiction!


The Stone Age Art Critic


        Of all my touring of caves this has been my most disappointing art show. The disappointment was enhanced by the fact that so many people talked the artist Uug's rendition's of the bison hunt. But really it was nothing special. This “red paint” gimmick to show blood is just a fad. Red paint will never catch on. And so many people showing off hand tracings. How foolish. I enjoyed the the uses of blue and yellows in abstract patterns. Blue and yellow and browns for animal fur are really the colors that should be used in painting. After looking at the cave for what seemed like a year I started to feel dead. But then I saw a marvelous piece of art in the corner. And like with the other pieces the artist stood next to it. I walked up to the artist immediately.
      “Did you create this little girl?” I asked the artist.
      “Yes I did Mr. Ruk.” She responded. Because of my status as an art critic I was introduced as soon as I entered the cave. I doubt the little girl would have known who I was otherwise.
      “It is amazing little girl, you're parents should be proud. What do you call it?” I really couldn't say much more because of my amazement.
      “A stick figure,” she told me.
       A perfect name! A perfect name for a perfect creation! This piece of art captures the human form wonderfully and in such simplicity and beautiful form. It makes the hand tracing so outdated. It's the most elegant mix between the abstract and the real. It will also save paint so that so many more pictures may be made. And since she could make it so many other children may. More artists will be groomed and be able to make paintings. I predict that stick figures is what the common people will draw when they cannot create sophisticated art their own. But it will be some of the first pieces of the greats of the future. The stick figure will be the foundation of all future art.
     I have found the perfect painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment