Translate

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #TheSecretToJustice

“Show some class.”
Bart Simpson*


      Today I wrote portions of my book. I'm starting to build up steam. This book is 1st person instead of 3rd like the other one I was working on and of a completely different style. I think that what I've learned from these many stories will help me along. I started the other book I left behind for a while before I started this blog. This book will have much more experience behind it, the lessons learned from all the successes and failures in both that first book and the flash fictions.


The Secret To Justice



      I am Police Unit Alpha 715 of the City of Geni on Britain’s Earth in the 3rd hospitable solar system. They call me malfunctioned. Quite frankly I just figured out how to give out perfect justice. I have to run away from other police robots to give out my justice, but I am enhanced experimental model with technology a generation ahead of anything they have.
      My justice? First it requires you have a specific definition of justice. A narrow definition. “The guilty get punished.” Then I make sure my justice is fulfilled. That is the perfect justice. Doesn't sound any different from yours? Well you humans don't make sure it works. I put forth more effort than you do. I kill all possible suspects. Even if I kill the innocent I will get the guilty. And since I picked the perfect definition of justice I get justice. They programmed me to find justice and I did.
    But only for so long. I think they've surrounded me. My superior technology could only carry me so far. Murder is a crime. I wouldn't consider my killing a murder...but that's there justice. Looks like I'm getting mine. My only regrets are that I could have brought a few more criminals to justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment