Translate

Monday, November 23, 2015

Today's #flashfiction Miscast

 “High five!”
King Midas* #quote

If I had a nickel for every time an alien asked me to give him directions to the nearest carnival I'd have twenty bucks. Anyway onto the flash fiction!

Miscast


         Oh no, I just wasted a good deal of money on a terrible mistake. I pride myself on being an extraordinary wizard and I used up some very expensive spell components on a powerful illusion spell but cast it on the wrong person. This powerful spell alters perception and memories to make a person think they live in a world without magic and that there is joy in their lives. The spell removes the magic so they don't doubt their reality. The person I wanted to cast it on was a friend in great trouble. I'll have to find more spell components to make another spell for him. Right now I'm concerned on finding the someone who I cast the spell on by accident. The one that lives in a fake reality. Have you seen someone that acts strange, and doesn't realize they live a lie?

        Is it you?

No comments:

Post a Comment