Translate

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Number 12


Celebrating Easter with the family was fun, but I still had to take Klonopin today, but fortunately I'll be talking to the doctor tomorrow and maybe we'll arrange something that'll help me getting something to help me with my condition, perhaps I'll be going to the hospital to try out new meds, but even then I will be trying to work on my book and bring you more flash fictions everyday as I normally do! Also I went to the bookstore today so I got some fun stuff so that was cool too. Anyway, onto today's story, I hope you all enjoy it!

Number 12

           Number 12 didn't have a gender or real name. It had a height, 5'2, and a weight of 500 pounds, mostly made of iron, steel, and the alloys of various nanobots. The soldiers called it 12 for short. It resembled a cute child and moved as quickly and quietly as a winter wind and had the same chill around it. It killed as quickly from the fields as well as the shadows. The soldiers both loved and feared it, viewing it as both a weapon and family. When it ended the Fifth World War alone it didn't understand the applause and cheers from the crowds. It understood the order to wave at them. It always understood orders. It also always understood smiles, the smiles on the faces of the soldiers that trained it and the the smiles on the generals faces who it considered its parents. It wondered who were the generals of the people who it turned red on the days of the invasions, did everyone have generals like it did? It wondered these things as it waved to the crowds. It enjoyed the smiles. Number 12 knew that smiles were good things, and it wondered why no one smiled when it came to visit and show its tricks to all the places it traveled to during the war. It wondered if maybe these questions had no answers.

2 comments: