Translate

Monday, April 23, 2012

A Future Test


Well, felt a lot better today then yesterday though still had some ups and downs with my med side effects. I thought it was an improvement on getting used to the med side effects, but I had more seizures. Ah, well, this epilepsy thing is really unpredictable, but I think that temporary medical leave from school was a wise idea. Today's story was really fun to write and is already one of my favorites. I think you'll like it.


A Future Test

The teacher who was tired and beat from grading took a look a the last test handed in that week. It was from one of his favorite students, a hard worker and good transfer student from Mars. The handwriting of the student was clear and neat.

Anne Star 8th Grade Interplanetary English 4th Period

Directions: Give a quick summary of the novella The Old Pains and Rusts of Earth and the author's intent as discussed in class. Add one comment on the novella after your summary.

The Old Pains and Rusts of Earth is a satirical historical novella set in the year 2012 about a man and the old technology of Earth. The author uses the struggles with the technology of that age to show us how truly lucky we are. It shows the pains of the character driving to work everyday instead of warping, his unorganized communication through chatrooms and email, non-instantaneous food and other old age technology.

When I read this book I can't believe something as scary as “stairs” could exist. How could somebody walk like that? I think I'd get dizzy and throw up.








No comments:

Post a Comment