Translate

Monday, April 29, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #AnotherDiscoveryOffTheList

“A penny for your thoughts?”
Abraham Lincoln* #quote

       Today I became emperor of the world but nobody noticed so I quit before doing anything. Anyway onto the flash fiction!


Another Discovery Off The List


     “Well, they got the Higgs-Boson out of the particle collider awhile back. That's another discovery off the list for the humans. I'm proud of them.” I groaned. “I'm proud, but I wish I could give them a few more nudges.”
      “Speaking English for kicks again? You're getting attached to this project.” My assistant told me.
      “Oh, yeah. I guess I am. I wrote a poem in French yesterday. I do love the languages these ones made.” I laughed.
      Though I could groan and laugh because I took more human shape while walking around spaceship as of late. I had no real true form being a shape shifter. My insides weren't too human...still comprised of the parts that let me shape shift and do so many different things. I wondered what the humans would call me if I met them.
      My assistant was the ships artificial intelligence. It kept me company in the void of space. Wise company. And sometimes witty company. If I asked it, the ship could crack a few jokes. Not many humans would get.
      My assistant's voice rang through the room. “You know not many approve of what you're doing.”
      “Trying to stop me from doing my hobby? Plenty of my kind like it.”
      “Only a few of your kind like your hobby. And many, many more disapprove. Even your own family. And I'm pretty sure as humans call it in English, God, would disapprove too. That's what you're doing: playing God.”
      “Why did I let father pick the artificial intelligence for the ship? Of course it would have his morals and values! Stupid ship, if I'm an immortal I may as well do something an immortal can do.”
       “Did you really have to drop the meteor?”
       “The dinosaurs would have never become what the humans are. True I didn't know the humans would come to be...but I knew the dinosaurs were a failure. I did what had to be done for my project to succeed.”
       “And what if the humans don't become the advanced race you've been wanting out of this life bearing planet you found? You going to guide another meteor here?”
       “Perhaps. If it's what necessary to make the best species possible.”
        “Now are you lying? Or are you too emotionally attached to erase failed project now that you're so fond of it?”
       “Shut up! If...if they fail to succeed at becoming the advanced species I want them to be I'll send another meteor shove evolution along a different path like before. I'll do it. But you know they won't fail!”
       “Let's see if that happens.”
      “You sound just like my father you just want me to give up on them, on my project. I won't need to erase them...will I?”

No comments:

Post a Comment