Translate

Monday, April 15, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #RefundFromTheWishingWell

“Size matters not.”
Gulliver* #quote


       My day was the best of times and the worst of times, it was a dark and stormy night...anyway onto the flash fiction!



Refund From The Wishing Well


“Mr. Magic Wishing Well I want a refund!” One little boy shouted into a well during a hot summer's day.
“Umm...it doesn't work like that,” Though the spirit of the Magic Wishing Well hardly spoke to humans it responded to this unique statement.
“Well I paid you a whole quarter that I got for my tooth from the tooth fairy and you didn't give me my wish so I want my money back!”
“Um, you asked for dinosaur best friend that could do all your homework. I couldn't grant that.”
“Yeah, so I want a refund.”
“Well, I can't give you a refund.”
“Why not?”
“I can't.”
“Dad get's a refund at the hardware store, I should get a refund here.”
“I'm not a hardware store.”
“Do I need to talk to your manager?”
“What!? I don't have a manager!”
“Funny, that's what Dad always says when he wants a refund.”
“I'm not a hardware store, and I don't have a manager!”
“Then I'll sue!”
“You can't sue a wishing well kid!”
“That always works on TV.”
“Just go home kid.”
“No. It hurt to get my tooth pulled out. So either give me my wish or give me a refund.”
“Wishing wells can't give refunds. Offerings in wells are a one way ticket! It's a rule!”
“I'm not leaving until I get a refund, and I'm going to file a complaint!”
“You can't file a complaint! That's impossible!”
“I'm still not leaving!”
“Fine, well it's not possible for me to give you a refund I guess I have no choice...”
The little boy then got his wish for a dinosaur best friend that could do all his homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment