Translate

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #TheRoleOfTheDictator

“Time for ye to walk the plank!”
Captain Crunch* #quote


        Today I hung out with He Who Shall Not Be Named. We're good friends so he told me I could just call him He. Today was also my Dad's birthday. Dad says that he's Dirt + 2 years old. Anyway onto the flash fiction!


The Role Of The Dictator


        The dictator's finger rested right over the launch button on the control panel. It hadn't pushed the button. But in an instant it could. The nuclear missiles could be launched. His kingdom would be put on the map. He wouldn't be just one of the dictators that people whine about on the news. He would begin to take power. He would become a part of history beyond his lands. He spent years building up his nuclear arsenal and this would be the first of his many strikes.
        “Push that button and I will choke every thought from your brain,” a voice spoke into his mind with a hiss.
        “Who, or what are you?”
        “I'm a supervillain. And you are not. And that's what's important.” The voice sent pain into the dictator's nerves and made the button feel like a hot stove and he lifted his finger up.
        “You're one of the costumed freaks? Those thousands of super powered things? You're one of the psychic ones! That's how you're in my mind.”
        “I am one of the best psychic ones. And you don't know your place in relation to the 'costumed freaks'. You are mundane. Basic. It's impressive you managed to create such an arsenal of nuclear weapons in a good amount of secrecy using the oppressed nation you inherited from the father you usurped and literally stabbed in the back. But still you are nothing special. You aren't even willful. I easily broke into your mind.”
        “Quiet! I'll be a destroyer of nations soon enough, better than you powered up, things.”
        “No you won't. Like I said, you are mundane. You are a normal human. Even the powerless superheroes or villains have some special will. The only thing important about you is these nuclear bombs. You dictator, and every other nation leader, only serve as the larger backdrop to the game that the super powered play. You're nuclear attack doesn't fit into the backdrop so I'm stopping them.”
       “Y-you can't stay in my mind forever!”
       “No. But through various channels I've indirectly informed superheroes of your nuclear plans. I read your intentions, and all you'll go down in history is just a dictator some superheroes disarmed. I'm already pretty sure it's your cousin who will take over your country as our backdrop after all the political fallout. Maybe if your lucky the nations won't decide to execute you and you can see the plans of my supervillainious organization come to fruition. Oh? Hear that knocking? That's the superheroes breaking through the last of your steel doors to this room.”

No comments:

Post a Comment