Translate

Monday, April 1, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #TheOneHero

“She put the lime in the coconut...”
Gilligan* #quote

       Today I worked on my book and read a bit of a game informer I had lying around. (Did not find the meaning of life...when will I find the book that has it?) Anyway onto the flash fiction!


The One Hero


      The child filled with sorrow walked into my chamber. He was around twenty-seven I could tell, but still a sorrow filled child in the deepest of his heart. Though any normal person would most likely just see the knight in my castle throne room. The knight with the heroic yet angry gait that led him across the red carpet of the room. He must have been eager to face me, he didn't wait for the storm to pass to come to me. Flashes of lighting could be see outside the throne room windows and the rain hit the windows so hard it sounded like the wailings of a dying old maid.
     “Nightmare Wizard Rarling, your reign ends now!” the knight yelled at me. He looked me in the eyes and ignored my black wizarding cap, which is what usually caught people's eye's first. Just as I did before my magic senses let me read his heart, I could see the conviction in the knight, coming from that sorrow filled child and that hateful adult self that it walked in. The armor he wore looked low class. Leather with some metal bits tagged on here and there. He must have fooled some into thinking he had no discipline or reinforcements. But a fortress of enchantments appeared like a rainbow to my magical senses. If someone dropped a mountain on him he could walk away from it. I felt jealous with only a few enchantments on my long, purple robes.
      “How many of my generals did you kill?” I asked him.
      “Twenty you fiend.”
      “Half. I may have to get more if you are not the One.” I laughed. “Maybe my wait will be over. Now where does the sorrow of your heart come from? What drives that hate in your walk?”
      “You killed my family! And you've hurt so many others! A monster like you shouldn't rule!” He got closer to me and drew his sword. The sword's colors switched between gold and amber. I knew that substance. Gold with magic mixed into while it was forged to make a powerful substance better than steal and capable of fighting spells.
      I frowned. “Revenge? Those are the emotions you will use to drive your body? You've brought to me the power of vengeance and some magical armor and a sword? Well let's see if that is what can bring me down. Let's see if you're the One and can succeed where so many others have failed!”
      He charged at me and I brought up walls of fire to block his path. He merely charged right through them, raised his sword and plunged it right at me. However a simply jab of the blade couldn't kill me. I could tell by his smile he thought he would end it all here, but I turned into my mist form and moved to the other side of the chamber.
      I opened up the windows and summoned the lighting from the storm into the room to attack him. So many bolts of electricity hit him over and over I had to shield my eyes. When I stopped the lighting he still lived, although he was on the ground. He magical enchantments helped him. I used my magic to close the windows. I let in too much water to use my mist form safely to move. He then stood up.
      “Monster this isn't over!” He then charged at me. Fleeing out my front chamber door would be an obvious option if I didn't feel like killing him today. But instead I transformed. Transformed into a massive tentacled beast and I pinned the knight to the ground. I tossed his sword behind me.
       “It is over,” I said in my new booming voice. “I thought you might be the One. I've fought many heroes. And I am destined to die by one. So it was told to me by the very person who gave me my magical power. I wanted to rule a kingdom. I struck a deal with a magical creature. In exchange for a few years of my life I would rule a kingdom with magical powers as a tyrant and hero would come and kill me. That's what he told me. But I'm not the real bad guy. Apparently there's some bigger evil out there and whoever kills me is going to be the one to defeat that evil. Another words I'm a stepping stone. So I've been waiting my entire life for the Reaper and with all your equipment I thought you might be it. You disappointed me though. I was tired of being evil even though I am forced to by the contract. Why I-” Then a massive pain surged through my body.
Someone stabbed me in the back. I reverted from the tentacled form back to human form with the knight's magical blade in my back.
      “Squire! What are you doing here!?” The knight said, my vision going.
      “Sir, I just couldn't, you were taking much longer than you did with any of the other villains!”
       “Y-you killed him!”
       “I did Sir?”
        “Yes, that means, you're going to defeat the greater evil...”
        “The what Sir?”
        “I have much to start teaching you Squire.”
         As my organs started to give out I let out a weak laugh. Hundreds of stronger heroes fought me before and failed. I wondered what the squire would do and why the one who gave me magic needed me to cause such terror. Maybe I needed to cause a world where a vengeful knight who already learned from their mistakes could teach a squire to be the perfect hero. Well, as a villain I suppose it was only natural that I ended up making a hero somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment