Translate

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #ChiefLeaderDaniel

“What did you get me?”
Santa Claus* #quote



Today I did this that and the other thing. Anyway onto the flash fiction!



Chief Leader Daniel


       Aliens are everywhere. I'm some sort of space marine or something. All these weapons are ridiculous. How does this gun even throw flaming chainsaws? Why are there crates of our ammo on the enemy spaceships? This doesn't feel like dreaming, but it doesn't feel real either. I know I'm space marine but why do all these things feel wrong to me? I remember growing up. I'm Chief Leader Daniel. Agh, I've been fighting so long.
       I walk along in my black, metal battle suit among the corpses of aliens I slaughter. They never stop coming. I lose a few close comrades but if they're sentient then they suffer much more than I do here. I'd think with their massive hordes we'd be unable to stop them from conquering Earth but we always find an upper edge. The battle field seems riddled with cover at perfect chest height for us to duct behind. Is God watching us? So many different objects and types of rubble falling in place for us like that. And at the strangest moments in the middle of battlefields I'll find ammo and weapons in crates for me. Are they stealing our weapons and dropping it.
      I fight the war for Earth for a long time. No matter how odd everything seems. I don't know why everything seems odd. It's how everything has been for as long as I've been fighting it should seem normal. It would be like saying the sky being blue is strange.
      But eventually I ran across something truly strange. During one of my solo missions I killed one of the alien overlords. And right after I killed him in his throne room a black fog appeared and out from this fog stepped out a man in a gray cloak. I couldn't see the man's face and he folded his arms in the cloak so I couldn't see him either. Really I could only see cloak.
     “Who are you?” I said to the man while pointing my flaming chainsaw gun at him.
     “So this was where you were all this time.” The cloaked man chuckled. “This game brought you much comfort in your youth so it would make sense you would haunt here soul resisted the afterlife.”
     “I don't understand. I won't say it again. Identify yourself!”
      Quicker than lighting the man pulled out a strange light gray guy revealing that his hand was nothing but bone. I shot my weapon but the fire chainsaw went straight through him like he wasn't there. He then shot a bullet from the gun and it went through my armor with ease and I fell over.
      “How could a simple bullet go through my armor so easily...almost like magic.”
       He waved around his gun. “You already died once in the real world Daniel. I came here myself to make sure you moved and didn't stray in here. Cyberspace isn't going to be your purgatory. Time to die again Daniel.”
       Things faded to black as the shot the man fired killed me. I hoped the other soldiers could complete my mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment