Translate

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #TheCityFullAndEmpty

“We did a bang-up job.”
The Three Stooges* #quote



Today I didn't do what I did yesterday but did do what I did today. Anyway onto the flash fiction!



The City Full And Empty


         I stepped over body after body in the city. They died just recently enough that the stench of rot only just begun to settle in. I went through building after building seeing more and more bodies. Men, women and children. The air held a heavy silence. The bugs I saw flying around the bodies didn't make the noise human activity would. The shallow blue of the corpses didn't go with the bright blue of the sky. I went through the entire city viewing all the dead. Even going into the sewers where I found some more people. Not even sewer works. But people in oridairy clothes. And I also noticed like the other bodies they looked like they were running as they died, collapsed while screaming. After the sewers I left the city and spoke on the radio in my gas mask:
        “Sir, I checked the entire city. There are no survivors. You can strike the next area.”

No comments:

Post a Comment