Translate

Friday, May 24, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #TechnologicalAge

“Marco! Polo! Marco! Polo!”
The Blair Witch Project* #quote


        Today I spoke with Dad about a mailbox he's airbrushing for us. He does lots of airbrushing projects in his freetime. One other example would be a mural of video game characters in the guest bedroom/game room(formerely my brother's room before he moved out). He's got hardcore l33t skillz. Anyway onto the flash fiction!



Technological Age



         “Grampa, I found something funny in your closet!”
         “What is it?”
         “It's a box.”
         “Yes. There are boxes in my closet.”
         “But it's a really tiny box.”
         “There are tiny boxes in my closet.”
         “But this one started glowing.”
          “Glowing wha-. Oh, my the thing still has juice in it? Well I don't believe it.”
          “What has juice? I don't see any juice in this box. I can't open up this glowing box.”
          “Oh! That's my cellphone from when I was your age. I thought I lost it for good and it's a miracle it still has power.”
          “What's a cellphone?”
           “A cellphone is what people used to talk to each other before we invented mind-phones. They're kind of similar. That's why the name is alike. And since you didn't know what a cellphone is I feel really, really old.”

No comments:

Post a Comment