Translate

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #TheManAndHisMaze

“I'm just following orders.”
Super Mario* #quote


        Today father and I went on and adventure to the bookstore and out to lunch and then to the perilous land of the grocery store. We had much fun! Anyway onto the flash fiction!



The Man And His Maze



       I think I'm the most unique person out there, besides my name John Smith. I'm unique because I don't exist in time like any of you other people. I can move between different parts of my life. Right now I'm at my seventh birthday party. How I could like such a noisy occasion is beyond me. Maybe I should go to my twenty-fifth. I act much more reserved then.
       But I don't remember where it is in my own time-maze. That's what I call it. I have to move around from time to time. Each point of my life jumping to another one sometimes years in the future or days or weeks. Or I can take turns by imagining I'm moving my body without moving it. Like jumping off a train. It's so interesting to be a time traverler of your own life. I'm so very unique no?
      Take a few turns around the maze. I think I noticed a new path around my bachelor party. That's odd. Such a strange path. I'm in an emergency room. My body's beat up pretty bad. My wife is sobbing.
The doctor, looks at me, then her. Then says...I'm going to slip into a coma? Huh and now I'm back to a different path in my life all the way back to grade school. In the maze of my spreading space-time maze I don't think I ever found a spot past that point. But coma? That doesn't make sense. I know when I'm awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment